Images

About

In the "old Ballard" of the early 1900s, when street numbering and names differed from the current system, Rainier Place was originally created by the widening of Ballard Place, 56th and 57th in 1909 and extended through Greenwood Park (Ballard Park) from 2nd to W. 55th. Today it is a small grassy triangle where NW 53rd and NW 54th intersect.

(Edited from the files of Don Sherwood, 1916-1981, Park Historian.)