Parks Q to T
This long strip of green roadway flows through a variety of locations in Queen Anne.
Located on Queen Anne Hill, the "Bowl" of this park comes from its origins as a gravel quarry. Currently this park is a playfield and track.
What a beautiful view! Enjoy a panorama of downtown and the Olympics, while also resting upon benches or meandering along the simple pathway. This park is lighted, and features trees and shrubs, along with plant beds and small lawns.
Located adjacent to Rainier Beach Community Center, Rainier Beach Playfield includes tennis courts, and ballfields.
Formerly the Park Department's Atlantic City Nursery, this urban farm is now operated jointly by Seattle Tilth and the Friends of Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands.
Rainier Place was created by the widening of Ballard Place, 56th and 57th in 1909 and extended through Greenwood Park (Ballard Park) from 2nd to W. 55th. (Edited from the files of Don Sherwood, 1916-1981, Park Historian.)
Rainier Playfield was originally named Columbia Playfield, which was then the name of the pioneer town in the vicinity. In 1928, upon petition on behalf of the Rainier Business Men’s Club, the name was changed to Rainier in appreciation of the field's mountain view.
Named for the adjacent park, this is a green roadway.
Ravenna Park is a ½ mile wooded ravine which connects two picnic areas just north of the University District, and is a popular spot for hiking, jogging and picnics. Park features include a play area for children, a wading pool, ballfield, trails, and tennis courts.
Melt-off from the Vashon Glacial Ice Sheet formed the huge Lake Russell which cut drainage ravines through the new glacial till, forming the Ravenna Park ravine.
Named for the adjacent park, this space is a densely wooded natural area.
This great park contains tennis courts, a basketball court, baby swings and regular swings, playground with a slide and climbing features, a pitching backstop, and it is Community Center adjacent.
A small park tucked in the heart of the densely populated Belltown neighborhood, Regrade Park is one of Seattle's 14 off-leash areas. It provides an in-city off-leash experience for the many condo-dwelling dogs in Belltown.
Named for the neighborhood, which has a view of the Duwamish River, this playfield has multiple tennis courts, ballfields, soccer fields, and a football field.
Roanoke Park is a grassy, pleasant space located on north Capitol Hill where 10th Avenue E ends at E Roanoke.
This small park facing west has a peekaboo view of houseboats and Lake Union. Shade, two benches, and a stone walkway provide a perfect resting spot.
This nice neighborhood playground with 2 tennis courts and 2 baseball fields also features restrooms, a water fountain, sandbox for the kids, slides, baby swings, and climbing features. There are also many big trees and a large lawn area where you can relax and enjoy the weather!
This park contains two baseball fields with backstops, scoreboard, a playground with climbing features and monkey bars, baby swings, slide, and bathroom facilities, as well as a large lawn area.
The park is located in the Delridge neighborhood in West Seattle. The viewpoint provides panoramic views of the Cascade Mountains and wide-angle views of the downtown skyline.
Roxhill Park is the headwaters of Longfellow Creek and possibly Fauntleroy Creek. The restoration of the wetland will improve water quality and steady water flow to Longfellow Creek, enhancing the Creek and improving Salmon habitat.
This is a small grassy field flanked by woods just south of the Sacajawea Elementary School. Woodsy pathways lead to several picnic tables, a drinking fountain, and places for kids to climb. (Excerpt from "Enjoying Seattle's Parks" by Brandt Morgan)
In this beautiful little neighborhood park, visitors can enjoy tall trees and picnic tables scattered over green grassy hills, while on bright afternoons crows and squirrels can be observed harassing one another, swallows dive to eat flies, and children play at the park’s play area. It features a big playground with baby swings, sandbox, slides etc., bathroom facilities, and benches.
Sam Smith Park comprises the largest and most central part of the I-90 lid, with a play area for children, picnic tables, and tennis courts. The park includes Blue Dog Pond, a detention pond that serves as one of Seattle’s off-leash areas for dogs, and Urban Peace Circle, a sculpture by Seattle sculptor Gerard Tsutakawa, dedicated to children killed by gun violence in Seattle’s inner city.
Sandel Park's features include a children's play area, walkways, large open meadow, basketball hoops, and a wading pool.
The boulevard is named for the adjacent park, which itself was named for its donor, Ferdinand Schmitz who was a Park Board member from 1908-1914, pioneer realtor and capitalist. (Edited from the files of Don Sherwood, 1916-1981, Park Historian.)