2018 Seasonal Food Truck, Activities, and Fitness Concessions

Seattle Parks and Recreation (SPR) is interested in securing seasonal partners to operate food and non-food service concessions and activities such as outdoor education and group fitness classes in various park locations through the City of Seattle. SPR looks for unique and interesting business partnerships that promote and enhance parks through a shared commitment to healthy people, healthy environment and strong communities.

Opportunities vary, with some sites appropriate for carts, food trucks and other self-contained businesses. Most locations do not have storage or electricity available.  

Small businesses, and Women and/or Minority Businesses (WMBE) are encouraged to submit proposals.

Current Opportunities

We are currently accepting applications for Activity Permits for Fitness/Outdoor Education groups who wish to operate their business in a City of Seattle park.  Click here for more information. 

SPR is seeking to colloborate with food truck management companies for a pilot program to activate underutilized parks.  For more information, please email: amy.hamaker@seattle.gov.  

The 2018 Seasonal Concessions Request for Proposal (RFP) has closed.   

If you are interested in operating a concession in Westlake or Occidental Park, please contact the Downtown Seattle Association at (206) 613-3210.  

How Do I Apply? 

Applications can be downloaded by selecting the links below, or can be picked up in person at the address noted on the sidebar. You may request a packet be mailed to you.

Please read through the FAQs below.

Useful Links:

Requirements for Food and Non-Food Service Providers:

Seattle Parks and Recreation Concessionaire requirements are as follows:

  • Seattle Parks permit to sell on City of Seattle Park property fee is $75.00 per park, per year.
  • A percentage of your gross sales (not including sales tax) will be paid to Seattle Parks and Recreation.  This is usually 10% or a minimum park fee per month, whichever is greater.  The minimum dollar amounts vary by park.
  • Copy of your current City of Seattle business license.
  • Seattle/King County Food Handlers Health Permit (for food and beverage vending)
  • Mobile Food Vending Permit (if applicable)  https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/environmental-health/food-safety/food-business-permit/mobile.aspx
  • Liability insurance coverage in the amount of $1 million dollars and add the ‘City of Seattle’ as an additional insured.
  • You and your staff must all pass a WA State Patrol Background check
 SAMPLE     Schedule of Events 2018 <Date
RFP Release
Packets available on website, can be picked up in person or mailed out to interested parties. Advertisement begins.  
January 18,  2018
Concessionaire Information Meeting
Miller Community Center 330 19th Ave E, Seattle, WA 98112
February 15, 2018   6:30-8:00 PM 
Deadline for Questions March 6, 2018
Question Responses Posted on Website March 9, 2018
Proposals Due to the City March 16, 2018
SPR Evaluation of Proposals
RFP Interviews – Optional April 2018 (If Needed) 
Announcement of Successful Proposer(s) Late April 2018
Anticipated Permit Execution May 1, 2018 

Activity Permits for Fitness/Outdoor Education 

Use this application if you are operating a business in the park such as a fitness group (i.e. boot camp, yoga, running training class) or outdoor education class and your park based business does not collect money on park property and operates 10 hours or less/week.  We accept applications on a rolling basis.  Fees are due at time of permitting and there are no refunds. 

Frequently Ased Questions for Activity Permits-Fitness/Outdoor Education

Seattle Parks and Recreation Activity Permits for Fitness/Outdoor Activity groups are as follows:

  •      Seattle Parks permit fee is $75.00 per park
  •      $75 monthly use fee is based on the calendar month
  •      Copy of your current City of Seattle business license
  •      Liability insurance coverage
  •      All staff must all pass a WA State Patrol Background check