Home Page This Department
Link to Transportation Home Page Link to Transportation Home Page Link to Transportation About Us Page Link to Transportation Contact Us Page
A vibrant Seattle through transportation excellence Interim Director, Goran Sparrman







Site Index

Street Use Home
Special Activities
Signal Control Box Artwork
Neighborhood Block Party Permits
Sidewalk Cafés
Annual Permits
Publications, Forms and Client Assistance Memos
Shoring Review
Street Improvement Permit
Franchise and Utility Permits
Roadway Closure Barricade Requirements
Vending Permits
Truck Fees and Permits
Online Permitting
Utility Coordination in City Streets
Client Assistance Memos and Forms
Fee Schedule/Permit List
Right-of-Way Improvements Manual
Street Vacations
Street and Sidewalk Pavement Opening and Restoration Rules
Shoreline Street Ends
Grade Sheet Process
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Street Use

SDOT Street Use Annual Permits

Examples of encroachments on the sidewalk in the right-of-way:

Structural retaining walls/rockeries
Sidewalk cafes
Vending carts
Tables and chairs
Merchandise on sidewalks
Sidewalk elevators, doors and/or similar installations

Examples of extensions from buildings encroaching in the right-of-way:

Signs, flags, lights and/or clocks
Balconies, bay windows and/or ramps
Awning stanchions, awning or canopy graphics
Ventilating ducts
Community identifying pole banners, flower baskets

Examples of encroachments in the street right-of-way:

Fenced storage areas
Private utility boxes, fuel tanks, underground vaults and aerial cables, access hatches and/or flood lights
Ramps, floats, moorage structures and/or overhangs in street ends and/or waterways
Equipment operation such as contractor trucks, boom trucks, chippers, mobile cranes and/or concrete pump trucks
Unremoved shoring
Street barricading for private use

Click here for the Annual Permit Application (includes Street Use General Application)

Home | About Us | Contact Us | Site Index | News | FAQs | E-Mail Alerts