Parklet Permits

How do I get a permit for a parklet?

This permit allows permittees to convert a few on-street parking spots into a parklet to create an open space for the public to enjoy.

You can apply for this permit on the Seattle Services Portal. Use the button on the right to sign in!

Under "Create New" select "Permits-Street Use" and navigate to and select the "Long Term Use" and "Private Structures/Uses" record type.

When describing your project on the Seattle Services Portal, please include:

  • the exact location of the proposed parklet,
  • the addresses of adjacent businesses,
  • and the number of parking spots needed.

Required documents:

  • Site plan (template available here), including elevation and structure details
  • Photo, design, or conceptual image
  • Letter of authorization (if applicant is different from the owner or financially responsible party)

We may require the following documents prior to issuing the permit:

  • Certificate of insurance (refer to CAM 2102)
  • Bond
  • Historic/Landmark District Certificate of Approval (if in an historic district)

If approved, an indemnity agreement will be drafted, and you will need to record against the title of the property at King County Records prior to your permit issuance. Additional documents may be required based on the review of your application.