Pay Station Info
Pay Station Features
- Pay stations accept credit cards (not Discover), debit cards, or coins
- You can park prior to paid parking times, and pre-purchase parking time the previous evening
- If you did not receive a receipt, your credit card should not be charged. Please try again, following instructions in the dynamic screen carefully. If you are unable to obtain a receipt using a credit card, please use coins. Do not leave your vehicle parked without a valid receipt.
- If you are unable to obtain a receipt from a pay station, please purchase a receipt at another nearby pay station that displays the same maximum parking duration.
- During paid parking hours, please call (206) 684-5260 for help or to report a problem. If this is not urgent or you prefer to e-mail, please send your request to DOT_Paystations@seattle.gov.
If you are going to park in a paid parking area, you must:
- Pay for parking during the times posted
- Properly display a valid receipt (see illustration on receipt or on the front of the pay station)
- Display only one receipt at a time
- Only use a 10-hour receipt on a 10-hour block
- Not park during restricted hours posted on street signs
- Not park on the same block longer than the maximum time posted for your space
- Not transfer a receipt to another vehicle
- Must display a valid receipt on the headlamp
- May park more than one motorcycle/scooter per space (each must display a receipt in a pay station space)
- May write license number on displayed receipt to deter theft