Working for a safe, affordable, vibrant, innovative, and interconnected city.
Learn More Home Page This Department
Link to Transportation Home Page Link to Transportation Home Page Link to Transportation About Us Page Link to Transportation Contact Us Page
Delivering a first-rate transportation system for Seattle Scott Kubly, Director







Site Index

Street Use Home
Getting a Permit
Permit Services Online: Pay Permit Fees or Check Status
Client Assistance Memos and Forms
Resolving Street Use Permit Disagreements
Fee Schedule/Permit List
Construction Hub Coordination Program
Utility Coordination in City Streets
Right-of-Way Improvements Manual
Street Vacations
Street and Sidewalk Pavement Opening and Restoration Rules
Shoreline Street Ends
Grade Sheet Process
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Street Use

Street Use Publications, Forms and Client Assistance Memos

What's Hot

UPDATED Permit Forms!

CAM 2118 Portable Storage Units

Questions? Call SDOT Street Use Permits at 206-684-5253

CAM 2501: Sidewalk and Plaza Street-Food Vending

CAM 2507: Curb Space Food-Vehicle Zone Vending

CAM 2510: Temporary Curb Space Vending

CAM 2506 Painted Intersections

Questions? Call Annual Permits division at 206-684-5267

For more information, please call the Street Use Counter at (206) 684-5283.

Client Assistance Memos
      General Information
      Construction and Street Improvements
      Urban Forestry
      Other Street Uses
      Utility Permits
Director’s Rules & Ordinances
Forms and Packets – Including Permit Applications
DPD Publications
OED Restaurant Success Guide

Client Assistance Memos

General Information

CAM 2102 Certificate of Liability Insurance

CAM 2105 What You Will Need to Apply for an Online Permit

CAM 2106 Right-of-Way Improvements Manual Website

CAM 2107 Holiday Construction Moratorium in Downtown Retail Core and Pioneer Square

CAM 2108 Single Use or Annual Vehicle? How To Determine Which Permit You Need.

CAM 2109 Permittee Responsibilities

CAM 2110 Steps to an Approved Traffic Control Plan

CAM 2111 Checklist for Traffic Control Plan Submittal

CAM 2112 Traffic Control Vendors

CAM 2114 Temporary No Parking Signs and Easels

CAM 2115 Calculating Areas and Fees for Temporary Use of the Right-of-Way

CAM 2116 Site Plan Requirements for Temporary Construction Permits

CAM 2118 Permitting Portable Storage Units

Construction and Street Improvements

CAM 2200 SDOT Street Improvement Permitting (SIP) Process

CAM 2201 90% Complete Street Improvement Plan Requirements

CAM 2203 Dedication of Right-of-Way or Easement

CAM 2204 Curb Cut/Driveway-Clearance to Vertical Objects

CAM 2205 Requesting a Waiver from a Pavement Opening and Restoration Rule Requirement

CAM 2206 Interdepartmental Permit Coordination for New Construction Projects

CAM 2207 Skybridge Permitting Process

CAM 2208 Sidewalk Maintenance and Repair

CAM 2209 Permitting Requirements for Street Improvements

CAM 2211 SDOT Street Improvement Permitting (SIP) Design Guidance

CAM 2212 Base Map and Survey Requirements for Street Improvement Plans (SIP)

CAM 2213: 60% Street Improvement Plan (SIP) Approval Process

CAM 2214: 90% Street Improvement Plan (SIP) Intake Appointment and 90% Complete SIP Acceptance Processes

CAM 2215: Permeable Pavement in the Right-Of-Way

CAM 2217: SDOT Street Improvement Permitting (SIP) Inspections

Back to Top >>

Urban Forestry

CAM 2300 Street Tree Planting Procedures

CAM 2301 Guidelines for Affixing Decorative Lighting

CAM 2302 Tree Pruning or Removal Permits

CAM 2303 Tree Service Companies with an Annual Equipment Permit

CAM 2304 Planting Strip Paving & Tree Planting Rules

CAM 2305 Gardening in Planting Strips

CAM 2306 SDOT Green Factor Right-of-Way Permit

CAM 2307 Public Notice Posting for Street Trees

Other Street Uses

CAM 2500 Street Use Permits for Special Activities

CAM 2501: Sidewalk and Plaza Street-Food Vending

CAM 2502 Neighborhood Block Party Permits

CAM 2503 Sidewalk Cafe Permits

CAM 2504 Festival Streets

CAM 2505 Traffic Signal Control Box Artwork Permit

CAM 2506 Painting the Intersection in your Neighborhood

CAM 2507: Curb Space Food-Vehicle Zone Vending

CAM 2508: Stadium and Event Center Vending

CAM 2510: Temporary Curb Space Vending

Utility Permits

CAM 2600 Street Use Utility Permitting Requirements

CAM 2601 Pavement Restoration for Utility Service Connections

CAM 2602 Becoming a Registered Pavement Restoration Contractor

Term Permits

CAM 2701 Term Permit Fee Methodology

Back to Top >>


Forms and Packets

Permit applications linked below all include the required Street Use General Application. These are all fillable PDF forms:

Construction Use Permit Application Utility Permit Application
Urban Forestry Permit Application Annual Permit Application
Vending Permit Application Term Permit Application

Street Improvement Permitting (SIP) Forms and Packets

Street Use Pavement Restoration Contractor Application

Pole Banner Guidelines

Use Fee Worksheet

Invoice Dispute Form

Holiday Moratorium Exception Request


Traffic Control Template - Sidewalk Reroute

Traffic Control Template - Dumpster

Site Plan Template

DPD Publications
DPD Publications include Client Assistance Memos, Design Review Guidelines, Zoning Charts and more from the Department of Planning and Development

OED Restaurant Success Guide
The Office of Economic Development provides an online Restaurant Success Guide to make it easier to navigate through the regulations and requirements to plan and start a restaurant business.  

Back to Top >>





Home | About Us | Contact Us | Site Index | News | FAQs | E-Mail Alerts