Start or Stop Electricity Service

Things to know before getting started:

  • Identity Verification - Federal regulations require identity verification for new residential customers setting up service. If you are starting new service online or over the phone, you will be asked to answer some credit related security questions that will not impact your credit score. Renters stopping service online will also be required to verify identity.
  • Renters - Many property managers handle connecting and disconnecting service on behalf of their tenants. Check with your property manager before you begin.
  • Home Owners - If you are buying or selling a home or building in our service territory, it is likely that electricity service connection or disconnection will be handled by your escrow company. Check with your escrow company before you begin.
  • Fees - A one-time administrative fee is applied when starting service and goes toward making sure everything is up and running as expected. Set up fees for residential and business accounts vary. For more information, residential customers can call (206) 684-3000, businesses expecting demand <1000 kW can call (206) 256-5200 and businesses expecting demand >999 kW can contact a Business Customer Services representative.
  • Billing - If you are a residential customer starting service online and have successfully completed the identification verification process, you will likely have an account number generated when the request is submitted. This number will be communicated on the start service confirmation page that is presented after completing the online start service process. Once our system recognizes the account (expect a few hours prior to start date) this number can be used to sign up for e-billing. You will receive your first bill in the mail approximately two months after you start service. If you have not already done so, you can then set up an online profile and use the account number on your bill to sign up for e-billing, autopay, and other services.

Start or Stop Service

Residents and Businesses

Residential and business customers can start or stop service online or by contacting Customer Care at (206) 684-3000.

Please have the following information available to start service online or by phone:

  • The legal name of the property renter or owner
  • Address of the home or business where you need to start service
  • The date you want your service started or stopped
  • Billing address and contact information including contact name, phone number and email address

Get Started

Please have the following information available to stop service online or by phone:

  • The name on the account
  • Address of the home or business where you need to stop service
  • The date you wish to stop service 
  • Forwarding address

Get Started

Property Owners and Managers

Property owners or managers can start or stop service for a primary tenant online.

Sign in or register for our Landlord, Owner, Agent portal, where you can request changes in occupancy for electric accounts of properties you own or manage. The online system allows you to manage accounts all in one place and easily verify tenant identification.

To get started, you'll need to provide:

  • The service start or stop date for the tenant
  • The address of the residence where service is being started and/or stopped
  • The primary tenant's name, phone number, and email address
  • The names, phone numbers, and email addresses of any co-applicants or roommates who will be on the account

Get Started

Get Help

Residential customers can review frequently asked questions or call (206) 684-3000 for assistance.

Small and medium businesses can call (206) 256-5200 for additional assistance.

Large businesses can contact a Business Customer Service Representative for more information.