Mobile Homes & Parks Code

What Is It?

We regulate the location, development, and closure of mobile home parks. We also require that mobile home parks be licensed.

To close a park, the mobile home park property owner must submit a plan to us; see Seattle Municipal Code (SMC) 22.904.420. Once we approve the plan, the owner must give the park’s tenants 12 months' notice that they will have to move. See Chapter 59.21.030 of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) for specific notice requirements.

What It Isn't

Our City code does not govern relocation assistance payments for mobile home park residents. The state of Washington requires that mobile home park property owners pay relocation assistance to tenants who must move because of a park’s closure. (See Chapter 59.21.021 RCW.)

Read the Code

Proposed Changes


Construction and Inspections

Nathan Torgelson, Director
Address: 700 5th Ave, Suite 2000, Seattle, WA, 98104
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 34019, Seattle, WA, 98124-4019
Phone: (206) 684-8600
Phone Alt: Violation Complaint Line: (206) 615-0808
Contact Us

Newsletter Updates


Sign up for the latest updates from Construction and Inspections

SDCI issues land use, construction, and trade permits, conducts construction and housing-related inspections, ensures compliance with our codes, and regulates rental rules. SDCI is committed to an antiracist workplace and to addressing racism through our work in the community.