- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
How to recycle
Next to bin
From December 26 to January 31, holiday trees, wreaths, and greens can be composted for free. Place on the curb next to your food and yard waste cart on your regular collection day.
- Flocked and plastic trees or wreaths will be charged as extra garbage.
- Remove all decorations and lights, tinsel, metal clips, ornaments and bows.
- Trees must be cut into lengths to 4-feet or shorter.
- For bundling branches, use sisal string or twine (not plastic).
At apartments – Two trees may be placed next to each food and yard waste cart at no extra charge each collection day. Each additional tree will be picked up as extra yard waste (fees apply).
From December 26 to January 31, bring Christmas trees to city transfer stations for free. Starting February 1, regular fees apply.
- Trees should not exceed 8-feet in length and must be free of decoration.
- Trunks should not exceed 4-inches in diameter.
- The stations will accept up to 3 trees per vehicle.