- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
How to recycle
Next to bin – no charge
You can recycle up to 2 gallons of motor oil on each recycling collection day:
- Pour cooled oil into a 1-gallon plastic container with a tight-fitting, screw-on lid.
- Label the container with your name and address.
- Set up to 2 labeled 1-gallon containers on the curb next to your recycling bin.
Bring up to 5 gallons of oil per a trip to city transfer stations. No fee.
Hazardous – no charge
Bring contaminated oil that contains solvents, bleach, or other materials to a household hazardous waste facility. No fee.
Did you know?
Motor oil can be recycled if it doesn’t contain solvents, bleach, or other materials.
Never pour motor oil on the ground or down the drain; it can pollute our waterways and the environment.