Ticket Response Options

Use this video as a guide to understanding your options for paying, mitigating, or contesting your tickets at SMC.

Ways to Pay Your Ticket:

  • Use this link to Pay Online.
  • To pay by phone using a Visa or Mastercard, call (206) 233-7000.
  • Pay by mail (DO NOT SEND CASH – personal check, cashier’s check, or money order):

Seattle Municipal Court
PO BOX C-34109
Seattle, WA 98124-1109

How to Check for Unpaid Tickets:

Search for Seattle Tickets

Parking or Camera Tickets:

  1. Go to “Vehicle Information” tab
  2. Enter your license plate number and state, and click Search
  3. Click on your license plate. Any Seattle citations will appear.

Traffic Tickets:

  1. Go to “Defendant Search” tab
  2. Enter your last and first name, and click Search
  3. Click on your name. Any Seattle traffic tickets or criminal cases will appear.

Other Options: 

Monthly payment plan

Apply to pay your ticket(s) over time on a payment plan.

Community service hours

Apply to perform community service hours at an approved charitable organization instead of paying. This option is only for people who receive public assistance.

Request a ticket hearing

Schedule a mitigation hearing if you agree that you committed the ticket infraction but want to explain your situation.

Schedule a contested hearing if you disagree that you committed the ticket infraction and want to dispute the ticket.

You can request a hearing by phone or by mail. More information: Dispute My Ticket

Have tickets in collections?

If you are low-income, you can sign up for a Ticket Debt Reduction hearing.

Tickets Issued to a Vehicle That you Sold:

Bought and Sold Vehicles

Camera Tickets Only: Declaration of Non-Responsibility

If you were not driving the vehicle when an alleged camera violation occurred, print and return the declaration of non-responsibility to the Seattle Municipal Court.

This is a sworn statement under penalty of perjury that the vehicle was not in your care, custody, or control at the time of violation. More information on Camera Tickets.

What if I Don’t Respond to the Ticket?

  • The court will add a late fee to your original ticket amount.
  • You lose your right to a hearing.
  • The court may send your tickets to a collection agency.
  • The Washington State Department of Licensing may suspend your driver’s license for unpaid traffic tickets.
  • The Department of Licensing may place a hold on your vehicle registration (tabs) for unpaid parking tickets.
  • If you have four or more overdue parking tickets, the Seattle Police Department can boot, tow and impound your vehicle.

Need Help?

Call (206) 684-5600 Monday-Tuesday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Wednesday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Press 0 to reach a representative.

Call wait times may be longer than usual due to a high volume of calls.

Municipal Court

Address: 600 5th Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98104
Mailing Address: PO BOX 34987, Seattle, WA, 98124-4987
Phone: (206) 684-5600

Newsletter Updates


Sign up for the latest updates from Municipal Court

Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed Holidays.
Contact Us: (206) 684-5600 or Customer Service.
En Español