The Seattle Youth Employment Program (SYEP), in support of the Mayor's Youth Employment Initiative, provides internship opportunities aimed at meeting the employment needs of underserved youth and young adults in our community. By promoting work readiness and strengthening career development, SYEP helps to prepare and support youth for real world jobs by providing them with the skills necessary to be competitive in the job market.
- Internships start July 5, 2017 and end August 15, 2017.
- Applications open March 13, 2017 and close April 14, 2017.
- Internships will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- City of Seattle Resident
- Ages 16 to 24
- Demonstrated ability to be responsible, determined and committed
- Meet HUD Income Guidelines
If you are interested in recommending a youth or young adult to the Seattle Youth Employment Program, please contact our main office for additional support.
If you are interested in hosting a youth or young adult in your company or organization, please see the Mayor's Youth Employment Initiative here!
Apply online using a smart phone, desktop computer, laptops, or tablets.
NO paper applications will be accepted.
Not all youth who apply will be placed or be eligible