What's New

  • The SMA research room is now open by appointment only with limited capacity. Please email archives@seattle.gov for assistance or to schedule an appointment.
  • Learn about how urban renewal programs shaped Seattle in our new online exhibit.
  • See short videos highlighting a few of our favorite items from the SMA collections.
  • Our new charter amendments resource includes information about proposed amendments to the city charter since 1946.
  • Discussions about police accountability in Seattle are highlighted in an online exhibit.
  • Check out our new e-learning courses to learn more about SMA and how to search and access our collections.
  • The Winter 2021 issue of the Archives Gazette is now available, with news about SMA programs and projects, highlights from the collection, and more.
  • Read about a case of Laurelhurst "rowdyism" in our latest Find of the Month.