What do archivists do?
"Archivists bring the past to the present. They're records collectors and protectors, keepers of memory. They organize unique, historical materials, making them available for current and future research." (Lisa Lewis) The Seattle Municipal Archives is featured on Seattle Channel's City Stream - watch it now!
Questions answered about archives, archival practices, and related issues.
- What are primary sources?
- Primary sources at the SMA
- What is a finding aid?
- About archives and archivists
- Preserving personal collections
Projects that encourage the use of primary sources in the classroom.
- History Day resources for students and teachers
- Historical newspaper project
- Primary source analysis worksheets: Maps, Photographs, and Documents
Resources for research on various topics.