Old Number 6 just outside the Skagit General Store in Newhalem. Photo by Barb Haight, the Skagit General Store Manager.
Seattle City Light LARRY WEIS, Interim General Manager and CEO
Electric Service
Pay My Bill   

New Construction Resources

Are you building your dream home, or relocating your electrical meter? Or are you a business owner who needs more electrical capacity? Seattle City Light provides a range of services for contractors and homeowners. These include service removals and connections (both temporary and permanent), line relocations and other infrastructure modifications.

A good place to start is with our "Requirements for Electrical Service Connections", which details our basic service and metering requirements. Additional engineering standards and construction guidelines can be found here.

Electric Service Representatives and Service Engineers

Our Electric Service Representatives and Service Engineers are available to provide information, answer your questions and help facilitate your project. To view a map of current service assignments, click here.

Electric Service Applications and Guidelines

Once you've finalized your plans, the next step is to apply for a new or upgraded Electrical Service Connection.
  • Electric Service Application Package

    (Adobe PDF, 683M)
    Contains forms and guidelines for all types of Electrical Service Connection. The Application Form is available both in the Electric Service Application Package, and in MS Word format.
  • Application Form Only

    (PDF format, 1.07M)
  • Application Form Only

    (WORD format, 217M)
  • Modifications to Existing Projects:

    To submit changes to the plans or drawings for current projects.
    Service Request Change Order Form (PDF format, 40K)
  • Motor Load Detail Worksheet

    (Adobe PDF, 683M)
    A Motor Load Detail Worksheet must be submitted in writing when reduced starting current is required. For additional information, see Chapter 12, Motors and Special Loads in the Requirements for Electrical Service Connection (RESC).

Submitting Forms:

  • Mail them to :
      Seattle City Light 
      1300 N 97th St. 
      Seattle, WA 98103-3320 
      ATTN: Intake Desk
  • Or drop them by either of our service centers (1300 North 97th Street or 3613 Fourth Avenue South) between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm

Electrical Permitting Contacts by Municipality:

Contact the appropriate jurisdiction to obtain required permits prior to starting construction. City Light cannot make connections to our electrical service without approval by the electrical inspection jurisdiction of the area you are working in.

contact us

Residential, Small & Medium Commercial Services, North of Denny Way
North Service Center
1300 North 97th Street
Residential & Commercial
(206) 615-0600
fax: (206) 684-4299

Residential, Small & Medium Commercial Services, South of Denny Way
South Service Center
3613 4th Avenue South
(206) 386-4200
fax: (206) 386-4222

Large Commercial and Industrial (1 MW demand and greater)
Electric Service Engineering Office
Seattle Municipal Tower
700 Fifth Avenue
(206) 233-2645
fax: (206) 287-5231

Utility Discounts
SAVE 60%
The Utility Discount Program is a great way to lower bills.


  • Contact Seattle City Light

    700 5th Avenue
    Suite 3200
    P.O. Box 34023
    Seattle, WA 98124-4023

    Account & General Questions:

    Contact Us