Pet Loss Support Group
The loss of a pet can be very difficult. The Seattle Animal Shelter offers a Pet Loss Support Group that provides volunteers that are here to help.
The Pet Loss Support Group meets every Thursday from 5:30-6:45 p.m. in the shelter conference room at 2061 15th Ave. W. Enter through the door on 15th Avenue West.
Pet Loss Resources
- Pet Loss Grief Support Website
- American Veterinary Medical Association - Coping with the Loss of a Pet
- WSU College of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Hotline (Phones are normally staffed during the semester, Monday-Thursday 7-9 p.m. and Saturday 1-3 p.m. Pacific Time. This service has limited availability when school is not in session and during holidays.)
- Teaching Kids How to Say Goodbye to their Pets
- AHELP Project (Animal Hospice, End-of-Life and Palliative Care Project)
If you are a veterinarian or community member that would like cards or brochures about the Pet Loss Support Group, please email email@example.com.
If you would like to volunteer with this group, please see our in-shelter volunteering section.