|Search Collections||Exhibits and Education||Seattle Facts||About the Archives|
Primary Source Analysis Worksheet - Maps
Use one of these maps for this exercise, or another of your choosing.
Look at the map and answer the following questions:
1. What kind of map is this?
2. What physical features does the map have?
3. What is the date on the map, if it has one?
4. What person and/or agency created the map? Can you tell where it was produced?
5. Why do you think the map was created?
6. What users do you think the mapmaker had in mind when he or she created this map?
7. Are there any associated documents to this map that would help provide context for its creation?
8. What does this map tell you about land use? Past use? Potential future use?
9. List three things in the map that you think are important.
Adapted from the National Archives