Businesses are an important part of our community. Prepared businesses can lessen the impact of a disaster on the local economy. Staying in business after a disaster will be key to making a full recovery after a disaster. Contact us if you have questions, have ideas to share, or are looking for information at (206) 233-5076.
- How Worried Are You?
- This article in Seattle Business examines asks our business community how ready they are for a major disaster.
- Seattle Business Magazine Develops Preparedness Assessment for Executives
- It’s estimated that 25 percent of companies will fail after a disaster, largely because they have no disaster plan. Seattle Business Magazine recently developed a checklist for business executives to assess their preparedness strategy. Even in this tough economic climate, creating a plan can ultimately save your business. See how your company fares.
- American Red Cross Launches National Ready Rating™ Program
- The American Red Cross (ARC) launched a newly designed website, ReadyRating.org, to help businesses, schools and other
organizations better prepare for emergencies. The announcement was made at an event involving business, education and government
leaders at Red Cross national headquarters in Washington DC. Ready Rating™ is a free, self-paced, web-based membership program
that helps a business or school measure how ready they are to deal with emergencies, and gives customized feedback on how they can improve their efforts. Schools and businesses may face a number of emergencies that could disrupt their operations, ranging from natural disasters such as hurricanes and floods to outbreaks of illness such as the flu. The Ready Rating Program can help them feel more confident about the safety of their employees or students. See the ARC press release for more information.
- New Business Planning Tool - Sound Shake Earthquake Guide for Businesses NEW!
- The guidebook is easy to use, with scenario summaries, facilitator scripts and helpful resource links. Best of all – it’s free! It was developed after an October 2010 two-day earthquake exercise involving multiple agencies and jurisdictions.
- Pick up a printed copy at our office: 105 5th Ave South, Seattle 98104 (corner of 5th/Washington). Call or contact us for more information: 206-233-5076, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Start preparing your business today!