Prepare your school/childcare facility
There are a number of ways that you can prepare your school or childcare facility. It can be as simple as talking to parents about preparedness to looking at your physical structure to ensure that the building you inhabit is as safe as possible. The following information is intended to provide you with a menu of ideas and steps you can take to make sure your are well prepared for a major event.
School Retrofit addresses nonstructural retrofit of older schools. Spearheaded by Seattle School District, the Nonstructural Protection Guide is what the school retrofit training program is based.
- Cover, acknowledgements, table of contents (PDF)
- Section A - Background Information (PDF)
- Section B - Inventory Forms for Nonstructural Elements (updated forms can be found in Section D - in Seattle Pilot Test) (PDF)
- Section C - Details for Reducing Nonstructural Hazards (PDF)
- Section D - Appendices (PDF) For any questions or more information on how to launch a similar program in your school district, please call (206) 615-0288.