Towing complaints: police-authorized tows

If your car was towed from a public street, or was towed for any other Seattle Police Department matter, you can:

  • request a hearing
  • file a complaint about the towing service

For cars towed from private property in Seattle, see towing complaints: private property tows.

Request a hearing for a police-authorized impound

If you received a parking or traffic ticket from the Seattle Police Department and your car was towed, you can request a hearing to contest the impound. The registered owner of the vehicle can request an impound hearing at the Seattle Municipal Court.

For non-ticketed police-authorized impounds, you can request an administrative hearing with Seattle Consumer Protection. Non-ticketed impounds are authorized by the police for situations such as stolen or abandoned vehicle recoveries or for investigation evidence holds. An administrative hearing determines if the towing chargers were proper.

File a complaint about the towing service

Use this form to file a complaint about police-authorized towing. Complaints can be filed regarding:

  • vehicle damage
  • vehicle release process
  • towing employee courtesy
  • towing charges
  • items stolen from the vehicle

For more information about towing charges, see max towing fees: police-authorized impounds.

Please provide the following contact information:

Please provide the following complaint information:

Courtesy Vehicle Damage Vehicle Release Impound Charges Stolen Items Other