About the Job
Do you want a technology driven job that really makes a difference? Do you like interacting with the public? Do you like using mediation and negotiation skills? Do you like working independently? Do you like being outdoors?
One form of transportation for Parking Enforcement Officers are Segway scooters.
The Seattle Police Department is looking for highly-motivated, positive, people-oriented candidates interested in working in a technology-driven environment as a Parking Enforcement Officer.
If you have excellent public contact work, excellent computer skills, can multitask in a fast-paced environment and have a stable work history you can write your ticket to a new career as a Parking Enforcement Officer!
- Must meet qualifications
Are you are right for the job?
- Are you able to issue citations and infractions quickly and accurately using a computerized handheld ticket device?
- Are you able to use questioning and inquiry skills to draw out specific information from customers who are angry, and diffuse tense situations while remaining calm and emotionally detached?
- Are you a good communicator with the ability to treat customers courteously and tactfully?
- Are you familiar with the geography of Seattle for daily patrol activities or giving directions?
- Are you willing to multi-task while monitoring and communicating using a two-way radio?
- Are you willing to work in inclement weather and with exposure to automobile fumes, hazardous chemicals and vehicular traffic?
Parking Enforcement Officers patrol an assigned district in one of the department’s five precincts, traveling in a vehicle, on a three-wheeled motor scooter, bicycle, Segway and on foot issuing citations for parking ordinance violations. Parking Enforcement Officers also assist in traffic control at special events, and help locate stolen vehicles.