Service Quality Survey
The Department began conducting Service Quality Surveys in June 2006, and conducts 2-4 surveys per year, spread throughout the year.
The surveys randomly select people who have called 9-1-1 and had an officer dispatched to assist them to get feedback on the service provided by the department. Callers are contacted by phone within two weeks of their calls to 9-1-1.
The survey measures:
- The overall service callers received as well as
- The service provided by the 9-1-1 operator.
- The assistance provided by the officer who responded to the call.
- Callers views on the responsiveness and quality of service provided by the Department overall and by officers who serve their neighborhoods.
- Callers overall feelings of safety in their neighborhoods, how those feelings were affected by the incident that led to their calls to 9-1-1, and how they felt after receiving SPD services.