If you have discovered your vehicle was stolen
- If you discover your vehicle is missing, report it immediately to 911.
- Be prepared to provide the make, model, year, color and license plate of your vehicle.
- Let 911 operators know if you have a GPS tracking system in your vehicle.
If you believe your vehicle may have been towed
- If you believe your vehicle may have been towed, please visit the city's Finance and Administrative Services department page for more information.
If your stolen vehicle is recovered
- Prior to using your vehicle, it is always a good idea to carefully examine your recovered stolen vehicle for property that does not belong to you, which may be evidence of other crimes.
- You may want to search your vehicle's interior carefully (using a flashlight) to make sure drugs, drug paraphernalia, or dangerous objects such as syringes, have not been left behind.
- To turn over any evidence or contraband to the police, call the Non-Emergency number, (206) 625-5011, and be sure to have your Seattle Police Incident Number handy to give to the Operator.
The department cannot assist in civil disputes over vehicle ownership.