Get a Gun Permit
First Time Licensing Process
- Original license cost $48.00
- Department of Licensing requires that you fill out an application, get your fingerprints taken, and pass a background check.
- You need to be a Seattle resident to apply for a permit through the Seattle Police Department:
- 30 day waiting period - If you are a WA state resident, living here for a minimum of 90 days. Proof of current address is required.
- 60 day waiting period - If you are an out of state resident (or if living here less than 90 days. Proof of current address and/or military orders are required.
- Standard renewal cost is $32.00 - (This can be done up to 90 days before the license expires)
- Late renewal is $42.00 - (This can be done up to 90 days after the license expires)
- If you wait over 90 days to renew an expired license you need to start the process over from the beginning.
- Replacement license cost is $10.00
- Original licenses will be mailed to you after the background check is completed. If you have not heard anything after 30 calendar days from the date of your application, please call 206-684-8999.
- All renewals and replacements are completed same-day and will be completed prior to you leaving our office.