Korean Advisory Council
ABOUT THE COUNCIL
The Korean Advisory Council to the Seattle Police Department was created in 1998, and is one of ten councils that work collaboratively with the police. The Council was created to work with the Seattle Police Department on community issues and concerns, and to share insights and recommendations that could positively impact relationships between the Seattle Police Department and the Korean community.
OUR AREAS OF FOCUS
- Maintain direct lines of communication that build trust between the Korean business owners, the Korean immigrant community, and the Seattle Police Department.
- Promote open and respectful dialogue that builds trust between the Korean community and the SPD.
- Cooperate through sharing information about crimes, events, and concerns between the Korean community and the Seattle Police Department.
- Promote and encourage cultural competency training for officers while expanding the community's understanding of the role of the police.
- Encourage police recruitment from the Korean community.