Services & Programs
Learn more about what the City Clerk does
The Seattle City Clerk serves as the Clerk of the City Council and Administrative Head of the Legislative Department. The Office of the City Clerk facilitates and supports City legislative processes, provides access to the City's official records, preserves Seattle's history, and works in partnership with all City departments to ensure transparency and accessibility to information and services.
The Office of the City Clerk maintains the integrity and authenticity of the public record, provides ease of access to reliable and consistent public information, as well as research assistance. Online services and resources include:
- City Council Agendas and Legislative Records
- Seattle Municipal Code and City Charter
- Initiatives, Referenda & Charter Amendment Guidelines
- Seattle Municipal Archives Resources
- Public Records Disclosure
- Domestic Partnership Registration
- Boards & Commissions Appointments Registry
- Claims for Damages against the City
- City Clerk Fee Schedule
The Office of the City Clerk also provides information technology, and administrative services and support to the Legislative Department.
We invite you to Be Informed and Be Involved in Seattle's local government and become familiar with all services and resources featured throughout our web site. You may also contact us directly for assistance at your convenience.