About

This small space is a greenbelt located beside Fauntleroy Elementary School.

Kilbourne Park was a gift given to the City in 1951 for "park, camping, playground, and stadium purposes." It was to be named Kilbourne Park after the donor Dr. Edward Corliss Kilbourne, who envisioned an amphitheater together with the adjacent school. Dr. Kilbourne came to Seattle in 1873 becoming the foremost dentist in the Northwest, establishing the Washington Dental Association and State Dental Code.