About

Originally the entrance to Jefferson Park and so named Jefferson Blvd., it was renamed in 1914 by the Park Board to honor one of its members, E.C. Cheasty because of his efforts toward the establishment of a boulevard system in Seattle after studying European systems, and because he was the "father" of the golf course to which the boulevard leads. Cheasty was a clothier of excellent reputation and noted for civic and club activities, Police Commissioner, and AYP Expos Commissioner.