Parking and Beach Shuttles
Free Beach Shuttles
Saturdays and Sundays
10:00am - 5:00pm
May 28 - September 5, 2016
and our special holidays:
- Memorial Day Monday May 30
- Monday, July 4
- Labor Day Monday September 5
During operation, the shuttle will pick up (and drop off) riders in the Visitors Center parking lot, at the north parking lot bus stop, and in the beach parking lot. NO PARKING PERMITS will be available on Saturdays and Sundays, with the exception of the two stalls reserved for disabled placards. Permits for disabled parking are available at the Environmental Learning Center.
If you have a permit from the City of Seattle to park down at the beach, you can park there.
- Permits for beach parking are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the Discovery Park Environmental Learning Center Tuesday thru Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Beach permits are only for those who otherwise would not be able to walk to the beach - families with children under 8, people over 62, and others who are not physically able to walk to the beach due to and injury, illness or some other physical condition.
- Permits are good for three hours and must be returned to the environmental learning center after use.
If you do not have a permit, you may receive a parking ticket from the Seattle Police Department if you are parked at the beach.