Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers with the City of Seattle City Attorney's Office devote nearly 6,000 hours of volunteer time each year. People volunteer for a variety of reasons: some seek college credit, others want to gain valuable career experience, still others just want to feel good about contributing to the community.
The two Divisions that comprise the City Attorney's Office continuously recruit volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please follow the appropriate application process for the Division you are interested in.
What are the benefits of volunteering with the City Attorney's Office?
- Gain valuable experience and learn new skills.
- Complete a meaningful internship or externship that will help your resume stand out from the competition for graduate/law school.
- Learn about the criminal justice system and/or civil litigation process.
- Explore new career opportunities.
- Obtain legal, computer, and communication skills that employers are seeking.
- Earn college credit (contact your school for more information).
- An opportunity to give back to your community.