Renters in Seattle make up over 50% of residents in the city. The following resources can assist with finding an affordable apartment and understanding the laws that help protect renters. In addition, the City of Seattle supports down payment assistance programs for income-qualified first-time homebuyers, for those seeking to move from renting to owning.
- Find Housing: A list of resources to find affordable apartments
- Know the Law: A clearinghouse of local regulations and laws related to housing
- Buy a Home: Information about the City's Homeownership Assistance Program
- Rental Assistance: Provides emergency assistance for renters
- Income and Rent Limits: Find out if you are income-qualified for various housing options