Operations & Maintenance (O&M):
What, Why & How
O&M practices impact:
- Building owner’s costs
- Residents’ health, comfort, and safety.
Sustainable building O&M practices enhance:
- Tenant health and operational savings. The key to successful building performance is O&M plans, education, and design that is convenient and cost-effective.
Chapter includes the what, why and how of:
- Preparing a plan for annual scheduled maintenance of building and site
- Sustainable landscape planning
- Resident recycling
- Recycling and disposal procedures for staff
- Ventilated separate storage for maintenance supplies and paints
- Developing tenant manual
- Waste disposal plan
- Training for O&M staff.
A sample of O&M content
from Chapter 6: Action Items 1 & 2
See the complete SeaGreen handbook