What We Do/Committees
- Make recommendations to the Mayor and the City Council on issues of community-wide interest relating to information and communications technology. Issues are referred by the Mayor and Councilmembers or come from community input.
- Research issues and collect public input.
- Encourage and promote affordable access to and use of information and communications technology.
- Promote and advise effective electronic civic engagement and e-government services.
The Board has three strategic areas of interest
- Broadband Deployment/Economic Development (Lead: Brian Hsi)
- Broadband Adoption/Digital Inclusion (Lead: Stacey Wedlake)
- Public Engagement (Lead: Dana Lewis)
Board members' serve on committees for specific projects or throughout the year as appropriate. The committees support City efforts as requested, champion projects and positions, gather public input, research, evaluate, publish and advise on telecommunication and technology topics.