Rental Tips, Rules, and Regulations
Rooms, gymnasiums, and swimming pools are rented on the basis of their availability. Advance reservation is required. Before renting a room(s), gymnasium, or swimming pool, be aware that there are rules and regulations you must adhere to. Here are a few of them.
- No alcohol is allowed in or around the assigned premises without written permission from the Department. (additional fees apply)
- No smoking is allowed inside the facility or in any of our parks
- No indecent or illegal conduct of any kind is allowed
- Gambling is prohibited on Parks property
- Parking is allowed in legally marked areas only. Illegally parked vehicles may be towed.
So that we can maintain the quality of our buildings and keep our maintenance costs as low as possible, we ask your cooperation in keeping some activities out of certain rooms. Please Note that depending on the nature of your event, there may be additional requirements for facility usage including but not limited to:
- Additional permits
- Use fees
- Percentage of revenue
Confirmations and Payment
We make room rentals available on a first-come, first-served basis. You may rent the facility during hours not filled by Department or Advisory Council activities and programs. These programs are scheduled on a quarterly basis. We will confirm your rental as soon as we have filled out, and you have signed, the Facility Use Rental and Agreement Forms, and you have submitted your payment. At that time we will give you copies of all these documents. No other letter or materials will follow. If you have any questions, please contact the staff at the facility where the rental will take place.
You may pay for facility rental by cash, credit card, check, money order, or cashier's check made payable to the City of Seattle. If payment is made by a personal check with insufficient funds in the account, a $20 fee will be added to the total and the terms of the permit are canceled until the permittee pays the amount due. Check with the staff at the facility for your deposit and payment due dates.
Tips for a Great Event
- Plan ahead. You may reserve the facility three months ahead for regular rentals and up to one year ahead for ceremonies. You are more likely to get the facility and date you want if you plan ahead.
- Provide details. The more our Parks and Recreation staff know about your event, the better service and support we can provide for you. Remember all fees must be paid in full at the time of booking. Facilities cannot be held or reserved without full payment.
- Don't assume. Spell out your expectations in detail. Miscommunication can cause problems.
- Allow enough time for your setup and cleanup. Both are required for a successful event.