Rules for Off-Leash Areas
Back to Off-Leash Areas
- You are liable for damage or injury inflicted by your dog(s) (SMC
- You must be in control of your dog(s) at all times (SMC 18.12.080).
- You must muzzle dogs that exhibit dangerous or aggressive behavior;
biting, fighting, and excessive barking are not allowed (SMC 9.25.024).
- You must leash your dog when it is outside the off-leash area;
you must carry a leash for each dog while you are inside the off-leash
area (SMC 9.25.084 and 12.18.080).
- You must clean up after your dog(s) and deposit feces in the containers
at the site, and you must visibly carry scoop equipment (SMC 9.25.082
- You must closely supervise young children.
- Bring food into off-leash areas at your own risk.
- Leave bicycles outside off-leash area.
- Unattended dogs are not allowed in off-leash areas.
- Owners who see unattended dogs or other rule violations should
call Animal Control at 206-386-7387, extension 7.
- If you're female and you're in heat, you are not allowed in off-leash
areas (SMC 9.25.084).
- If you're a puppy younger than four months of age, you are not
allowed in off-leash areas.
- To come and play in off-leash areas, you need to be licensed and
vaccinated (SMC 9.25.080 and 12.18.080).
- If you wear a pinch or choke collar, ask your human to remove
it when you come into off-leash areas.
For more information, please call Animal Control at 206-386-7387.
To view a PDF, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download it for free at www.adobe.com.
February 18, 2014