Virgil Flaim Park
AmenitiesDrinking fountains Grills Play Area
This park started as the playground for the Lake City Elementary School. Parks acquired the site in 1987 when the school closed. In 2009 it was named for Virgil Flaim (1923-2006), who had deep roots in the Lake City Community. Involved with the Lake City Community Center for over 50 years, he served as its Executive Director from 1985-2004.
The application received in this community-initiated process is a preliminary concept and the final design may be constrained by the project budget. All projects will go through Park's public involvement procedure which includes public meetings and community input. They will also go through an internal Parks process to ensure the most effective implementation.