Seattle Parks and Recreation's beaches are here for you to enjoy. Please
follow these rules that help everyone stay safe and healthy.
- Children under the age of 10 must have a responsible adult supervising
them at all times.
- No "bare buns" please! We require bathing suits, and babies
must wear tight plastic pants or diapers designed for swimming.
- Please don't bring food, drinks, or glass containers to the beach.
- No spots: if you have a contagious disease, please stay home from
- Please leave Fido at home; dogs aren't allowed on beaches. (SMC
- Please, no bikes on the beach.
- No running or water fights are allowed.
- Alcohol isn't allowed in Seattle parks (SMC
- Please swim only in the area supervised by the lifeguards.
- Novice and non-swimmers must stay inside the ropes.
- Every child must pass a lifeguard-administered swim test before
going outside the ropes.
- Please keep face masks, fins, snorkels, and floating toys inside
- Please shower and towel dry right after swimming to help prevent
- If you have questions, please ask a lifeguard-they're here to help!
- We don't want to have to do this, but if you don't follow these
rules we will ask you to leave the beach (SMC
August 15, 2007