Seattle Parks and Recreation
Parks Legacy Plan
Citizens' Advisory Committee
Susan Golub: (206) 684-7046
Susanne Rockwell: (206) 733-9702
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR THE COMMITTEE'S REPORT
ENDED ON FEBRUARY 20 AT 9:00 P.M.
Thanks for all your input at the recent public meetings! Click here to view the discussion group notes.
Other important dates:
The Parks Legacy Citizens’ Advisory Committee (PLCAC) will soon begin meeting to incorporate your public comments into its recommendations to the Mayor and to City Council. You’re welcome to attend any PLCAC meetings, which occur on the following dates:
Meetings of Select Committee:
- March 12 - PLCAC final report due
- March 18 - Mayor sends proposed legislation to Council
- May 5 - Council action to place measure on ballot
- March 17
- March 31
- April 7: Public Hearing
- April 14
- April 28
Citizens’ Advisory Committee
The Citizen's Advisory Committee, building off the Legacy Plan, has worked diligently since June to create a funding package that addresses the park and recreation needs of all people in Seattle.
The Committee is:
- Looking at different funding options, including the potential use of a metropolitan parks district or property tax levy
- Examining how we allocate these funds and seeking a balance among keeping facilities open, maintentance, and aquisition of new land and development of new facilities.
The Committee’s goal will be to make recommendations to the Mayor and City Council on a parks funding ballot measure that would go the public for a vote in August 2014.
Meeting Dates and Documents
A Public Conversation with Candace Damon 10/22/13
Hosted by the Seattle Parks Foundation
Citizens’ Advisory Committee Members
- Barbara Wright, Co-Chair
- Charlie Zaragoza, Co-Chair
- Thatcher Bailey
- Steve Daschle
- Juli Farris
- Bill Farmer
- Thomas Goldstein
- Jessie Israel
- Diana Kincaid
- Michael Maddux
- Brice Maryman
- Yalonda Gill Masundire
- Mustapha Math
- David Namura
- Erika Nuerenberg-Melroy
To view a PDF, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download it for free at www.adobe.com.
March 6, 2014