Amenities

Tennis Courts Baseball/Softball Fields Drinking fountains Basketball Courts Play Area Grills Restrooms Football Fields

Images

About

Rainier Playfield was originally named Columbia Playfield, which was then the name of the pioneer town in the vicinity. In 1928, upon petition on behalf of the Rainier Business Men’s Club, the name was changed to Rainier in appreciation of the field's mountain view.

(Edited from the files of Don Sherwood, 1916-1981, Park Historian.)