AmenitiesArt in the Park Drinking fountains
Prefontaine Place is a small park with a fountain, across the street from City Hall Park.
Prefontaine Place was originally known as Yesler Triangle and was deeded by Yesler to the city of a library. However, the library board found the triangle to be too small for its purposes and deeded to land to the city in 1912. In 1925, the city chose to build a small park, funded with $5,000 left to the city "for a fountain in a public square" by Father Prefontaine, founder of the first Catholic Church in the area.