Maple Leaf Reservoir Park
The 16 acres of park land will provides a neighborhood park for Northeast Seattle. The design theme "Wind, Waves and Wings" was inspired by a community vision.
The park includes the following:
- a system of pathways weaving through plantings and trees, including two staircases connecting the upper and lower levels of the park. Note: The outer asphalt pathway is 2540' so 2 laps is just 200' under 1 mile
- a viewpoint highlighting the Mount Rainier and Lake Washington
- a series of rain gardens
- a shelter and gathering plaza
- a sports court area, including pickle ball court, a hitting wall, and basketball hoops
- two ball fields
- a play area boasting a zip line, children's garden, and other unique play features.
Maple Leaf Park features Patrick Marold's site-specific public artwork, Confluent Boulders.Inspired by the two sources of water that feed the Maple Leaf Reservoir, the sculpture comprises of two igneous boulders taken from the Tolt River and Cedar River Watersheds. With the Cascade Range as a back drop, Confluent Bouldersenhances our awareness of the region's natural resources and its connection to the environment.