2019 Seasonal Food Truck, Activities, and Fitness Concessions

Seattle Parks and Recreation (SPR) seeks unique and interesting business collaborations that promote and enhance parks through a shared commitment to healthy people, healthy environment and strong communities.  Opportunities vary, with some sites appropriate for carts, food trucks, and other self-contained businesses such as boot camps or outdoor classes. Most locations do not have storage or electricity available.  

Small businesses, and Women and/or Minority Businesses (WMBE) are encouraged to submit proposals. 

Current Opportunities (as of November 2019)

  • Activity Permits for Fitness/Outdoor Education groups who wish to operate their business in a City of Seattle park are accepted on a rolling basis.  Click here for more information. 
  • SPR is no longer accepting applications for summer 2019 vending. Check back in January 2020 for information about applying for a concession permit for summer 2020.   

If you have questions about vending at Waterfront Park in 2020, please contact Friends of the Waterfront :  zoe@friendsofwaterfrontseattle.org

For questions about vending at Westlake Park or Occidental Park, please contact the Downtown Seattle Association:  (206) 613-3225

How Do I Apply? 

Applications can be downloaded by selecting the links below:

Please read through the FAQs below for information about operating your business in a City of Seattle Park.

Please email the Parks Concessions Coordinator for an email link to the SPR background check. As of May 2019, SPR is no longer accepting paper copies. 

Activity Permits for Fitness/Outdoor Education 

Use this application if you are operating a business in the park such as a fitness group (i.e. boot camp, yoga, running training class) or outdoor education class and your park based business does not collect money on park property and operates 10 hours or less/week.  We accept applications on a rolling basis.