Recycling service is free to Seattle residents.
Seattle recycles about 60% of municipal solid waste (MSW) and aims to recycle 70% by 2025.
- protects and expands U.S. manufacturing jobs and increases U.S. competitiveness
- reduces the need for landfills and incineration
- prevents pollution caused by the manufacturing of products from virgin materials
- saves energy
- decreases emissions of greenhouse gases that contribute to global climate change
- conserves natural resources such as timber, water, and minerals
- helps sustain the environment for future generations