Tree Ambassadors build community and create investment in public trees.
Do you dream of living in a tree house? Do you eagerly await the first leaf buds in the spring? Do you love to lie on your back and watch branches dancing in the breeze? Does a stroll down a tree-lined street put a smile on your face? You may be a tree lover!
What is a Tree Ambassador?
Tree Ambassadors are volunteers who help nurture Seattle’s trees with the goal of growing and caring for the urban forest. Tree Ambassadors help build community and create a culture of caring for our community's trees.
Tree Ambassadors work in three project areas:
- Tree Walks: Tree Ambassadors develop walks to highlight interesting or significant trees in their neighborhoods and lead community walks to engage their neighbors. Check out the schedule of upcoming walks or download one of the self-guided walks here.
- Landscape Renewal: Tree Ambassadors plan and organize small-scale landscape projects in residential areas. Tree Ambassadors “adopt” sites and organize work parties to weed, mulch, and activate these neighborhood green spaces. Check out the events page and come volunteer at an upcoming work party.
- Street Tree Stewardship: Tree Ambassadors provide critical care to help young street trees thrive. Tree Ambassadors plan work parties to weed, mulch, and care for the trees that make our neighborhoods walkable, attractive, and healthy. Check out the events page for opportunities to join us at an upcoming street tree party!
|Tree Ambassadors nurture Seattle’s trees. Join your fellow tree
lovers to grow Seattle’s urban forest.
Being a Tree Ambassador means:
- Making a positive difference to Seattle’s urban forest by leading projects in an area of your interest
- Meeting new friends and becoming a valued part of Seattle’s urban forestry network
- Opportunities for free workshops on subjects like pruning, planting, and tree identification
- Participating in fun events like learning to climb trees with professional rigging
No previous tree experience necessary - just a love of trees!
Together we can make sure everyone in Seattle has a tree to hug.
How Can I Get Involved?
We’re looking for tree lovers—no previous tree care experience necessary! All Tree Ambassadors receive training and continued learning opportunities in a variety of tree and community engagement-related topics.
Trainings for new Tree Ambassadors take place in the spring and will next occur in 2015. But that doesn't mean you can't join us in the meantime! Visit our calendar to find all upcoming public events that you can join us at.
Want to stay in touch through our email list? Join here and we'll send you updates on upcoming events and trainings.
Questions? Contact us at (206) 615-1668 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out this article in the Queen Anne & Magnolia news profiling the Tree Ambassador program and the below Seattle Channel video on the work we are doing!
Tree Ambassador is a collaboration between the City of Seattle and Forterra. Program work is funded in part by a grant from the U.S. Forest Service’s Urban and Community Forestry program.