Regularly scheduled Special Event Committee review meetings are held once a month from 9:00am-12:00noon. Meeting agendas are posted one week prior to the meeting. Additional meetings scheduled are posted as far in advance as possible.
2016 Meeting Dates: January 13, February 10, March 9, April 13, May 11, June 8, July 13, August 10, September 14, October 12, November 9, December 14.
The meeting location is at the Seattle Municipal Tower located at 700 5th Avenue in Downtown Seattle.
The Special Events Committee is comprised of various local agencies such as Police, Fire, Health, Metro, Parks, Liquor Enforcement and more. You'll be asked to give a brief logistical/operational overview of your event. The Committee will ask questions and advise you what is required to obtain your permit; Examples: number of barricades, security requirements, health requirements for food handling, traffic control plans, etc.
You will be notified as to whether or not you need to appear before the Special Events Committee for an event review. You will be notified of the exact time for which you have been scheduled at least 3 days in advance.
You should bring any information that was not attached to your application (i.e., revisions since applying, public notification, new maps or layout, etc.). Please bring 20 copies of each document. The Special Event Committee will already have a copy of your application.
This process is intended to encourage Special Events in Seattle and to empower event organizers to produce safe, well-organized, compliant community events.
2016 agendas will be added as available.
- Meeting Agenda - July 13, 2016
- Meeting Agenda - June 8, 2016
- Meeting Agenda - May 11, 2016
- Meeting Agenda - April 13, 2016
- Meeting Agenda - March 9, 2016
- Meeting Agenda - February 10, 2016
- Meeting Agenda - January 13, 2016
- Meeting Agenda - December 9, 2015
- Meeting Agenda - October 14, 2015
- Meeting Agenda - September 9, 2015
- Meeting Agenda - August 12, 2015
- Meeting Agenda - July 8, 2015
- Meeting Agenda - June 10, 2015
- Meeting Agenda - May 13, 2015
Meeting Information & Driving Directions
Map and Directions / Committee Meeting location