COVID-19: Resources for Community

Tiếng Việt

*Updated February 23, 2021*

This page contains information and web links for City of Seattle, King County, Washington State, federal, and community programs and services that help residents significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of these programs and services are available to everyone regardless of where you live. All Seattle residents regardless of immigration status are eligible for City of Seattle programs and services unless noted otherwise. We will continue updating this page as more resources develop.

You can also learn more about the services listed on this page over the phone by calling the City of Seattle Customer Service Bureau from Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM at (206) 684-2489 or (206) 684-CITY.

Please look out for each other and check-in with your neighbors during this challenging time. We are in this together, and we will get through this together!

City, Community, County, State & Federal Resources

COVID-19 Vaccine Information

The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) has determined the following groups can get vaccinated:

  • Health care workers
  • High-risk first responders
  • Residents of long-term care facilities
  • All people over 65 years-old
  • All people over 50 years-old who cannot live independently

If you are unsure whether you are currently eligible, the will help you find out.

If you are eligible, you can find the nearest vaccine provider here: Whether over the phone or online, you may experience long wait times in attempting to schedule your appointment. Please be patient. Vaccines may be in short supply now, but we anticipate this will change soon.

City of Seattle

Learn more at the City of Seattle COVID-19 vaccination page:

Public Health - Seattle & King County

Learn more about local efforts to distribute the COVID-19 vaccine across King County here:

Washington State Department of Health

Learn more about the state's plan for COVID-19 vaccine distribution here:

Centers for Disease Control & Prevention

Access federal information on COVID-19 vaccine distribution here:


Free COVID-19 Testing

City of Seattle COVID-19 Testing

If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please get tested as soon as possible.

The City of Seattle, King County, and UW Medicine are offering free COVID-19 testing for people who live, work, or regularly visit Seattle. Drive-through and walk-up testing are available. You must first register online or over the phone. While testing is free, if you have medical insurance, please bring your insurance card or proof of insurance. Language interpretation is available. To learn more about these sites, please visit the City of Seattle COVID-19 Free Testing page.


Health Care Access

Free and Charitable Clinics

Please call first before visiting any of the locations listed in these external pages.

National Tribal COVID-19 Response

The National Indian Health Board has this healthcare and educational resource page to help Tribes respond to COVID-19.

The Coronavirus (COVID-19): What Trans People Need to Know

The National Center for Transgender Equality published this resource specifically for transgender people and their families.

People’s Free Telehealth

The People's Free Telehealth offers free and confidential care over video chat to underserved, uninsured, and under-insured populations by a team of board-certified and Washington State-licensed medical providers volunteering their time and expertise. Providers are able to speak English, Spanish, Arabic, and Punjabi. More information on how to schedule an appointment here:


Hygiene Access

City of Seattle Hygiene, Restroom, and Shower Facilities Map

The City of Seattle has conducted an extensive accounting of every City-funded hygiene resource available. Seattle Parks & Recreation, Seattle Public Utilities, The Seattle Public Library, and city-sponsored day centers account for more than 165 locations where hygiene resources are available, including 89 24/7 hygiene facilities that include toilets. Human Services Department's hygiene map includes all locations that are open and will be updated weekly.

COVID-19: Isolation and Quarantine Resources

If you are someone you know has tested positive for COVID-19, Public Health recommends self-isolation. Learn more about effective isolation and quarantine practices.

Seattle Protects (Access to Cloth Face Coverings)

Seattle and King County announced a Health Directive for all workers and residents to wear cloth face coverings in all indoor public settings and outdoor public spaces where maintaining social distancing could be difficult. The Governor's statewide face covering order directs businesses to require and enforce the use of face coverings by all customers and clients. You can learn more about how you can access free or low-cost masks here.


Insurance Information

Alien Emergency Medical (AEM)

Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) is now allowing undocumented adults to apply for Alien Emergency Medical (AEM) if they need COVID-19 testing. HCA will come out with more changes/information/direction soon. However, in the meantime, individuals can apply online at or by completing the Application for Long-Term Care/Aged, Blind, Disabled Coverage (HCA 18-005). This application can be downloaded from the Health Care Authority website.

No Co-Pays and Deductibles for COVID-19 Testing

On March 5, the Washington State Insurance Commissioner announced that they now require insurers to waive co-pays and deductibles for testing for COVID-19.


Mental Health

Crisis Connections

Crisis Connections runs a toll-free, 24-hour helpline at 1 (866) 427-4747 to connect people in physical, emotional, and financial crisis to services that will be of assistance. They help to reduce immediate emotional distress and defuse crises for individuals, families, and community members and reduce the immediate risk of violence to one's self and others. The helpline also increases access for mental and emotional support services.

NAMI Washington Helpline Resources

NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Seattle operates a mental health referral and information helpline (call (206) 783-9264 or text (206) 207-7765) to connect callers to the support and resources that they need. NOTE: This helpline is not a crisis line, as they are not equipped to assist you with crisis intervention. More information about their helpline and list of resources here.

WA Warm Line

Run by the organization Crisis Connection, the WA Warm Line is a confidential peer support line for those experiencing anxiety, loneliness, etc. They are available: Mondays - Fridays from 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM and weekends from 12:30 PM - 9:00 PM.

If you are an immigrant searching for information on what services you are eligible for, please know that all Seattle residents regardless of immigration status are eligible for City of Seattle programs and services unless noted otherwise.


City of Seattle Customer Service Bureau

To learn more about the services listed on this page, you can call the City of Seattle Customer Service Bureau from Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM at (206) 684-2489 or (206) 684-CITY.

The operators are able to connect with an external interpreter. You will need to be able to tell the operator in English what language you need for interpretation. You may experience long wait times. We appreciate your patience during this challenging time.

Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network (WAISN) COVID-19 Helpline: 1 (844) 724-3737

WAISN has transitioned its immigration enforcement hotline (1 (844) 724-3737) into a COVID-19 helpline for immigrants. They can help you identify support programs for:

  • Rental Assistance
  • Assistance for dispensation
  • Assistance in taking a COVID-19 test if you have been exposed or have symptoms
  • Assistance for support against detainment and deportation
  • Critical information on health, labor rights, and other rights
  • Immigration-related issues under the COVID-19 pandemic in Washington state


Other Resources

COVID-19 Assistance Eligibility and Public Charge Information for Immigrants

President Biden has announced his intention to reverse Trump's public charge rule. Currently, the Department of Homeland Security public charge rule is in effect in Washington State and can be implemented by immigration officials while several lawsuits against the rule continue. However, unlike the USCIS rule, the nationwide injunction against the Department of State's implementation of its public charge policy still remains in effect and has NOT been limited. We recognize that this is a very complicated issue. Learn more about public charge here.

Maps to Find Food Banks, Farms, and Restaurants

Find a Nearby Farm to Purchase Produce in the Tri-county Area

King County has launched this interactive Local Food Finder map that can help residents in King, Pierce, and Snohomish County find nearby farms to purchse whole food and produce. You can search by desired produce and learn more information about a farm business. You can learn more about this project here.

Find a Nearby Food Bank in the Seattle Area

The Seattle Human Resources Department developed this interactive Food Resource Map that shows the locations of food banks, free meals, and student to-go meal pick-ups. You can access the visual map here or an interactive list of food resources. There is also a screen reader accessible version, where you can enter your address or use your device location to search for the food resources near you.

Find a Nearby Open Restaurant for Takeout in the Tri-county Area

As part of Seattle's new #SupportPugetSoundSmallBiz campaign, the City of Seattle has relaunched this interactive map that can help residents in King, Pierce, and Snohomish County find small businesses providing takeout or delivery in their neighborhood. You can search for open small businesses in your neighborhood and navigate directly to a business' website or third-party delivery service page. You can access that map here.


Food Support for Young People

Apply for Free and Reduced Price Lunch

You can apply now for a free and reduced price lunch (FRL) from Seattle Public Schools for the 2020-2021 school year. Enrolling in FRL makes it easier for students and families to receive additional money for groceries that may become available in the new year. Free and reduced price meals are available to students regardless of immigration status, and applying does not impact individual's ability to apply for a green card. Learn more and apply here.

Food Support for Seattle Public School Students

Seattle Public Schools (SPS) is distributing lunches from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. every weekday at 40 school sites throughout the city. These 40 sites will become central locations for family and student resource distribution. Lunch distribution sites can be found on the SPS Student Meals page. Under the Governor's "Stay Home" order, students are permitted to leave their homes to pick up meals.

SPS is also providing student meals by bus Monday through Friday throughout Seattle. Please refer to this SPS bus route map and schedule to determine the timing of the route or the school closest to your family. The Student Meals by Bus map and schedule can also be found on the SPS Student Meals page. All SPS students can participate in the meal programs.

Food Support for Seattle Housing Authority Youth

United Way of King County is partnering with Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) and Seattle Public Schools to offer free home delivery of meals for youth who live in specific Seattle neighborhoods. Families living at the High Point, New Holly, and Rainier Vista SHA properties are eligible to receive breakfast and lunch daily, Monday to Friday, through a no-contact delivery. To request home delivery of meals, fill out this online form or call (503) 395-7697.


Food Support for Older People

Senior Meal Programs and Meals on Wheels

Seattle Human Services Department's Aging and Disability Services division funds year-round meals at senior centers and other venues that have been suspended due to COVID-19. However, sack lunches and food boxes are available in many areas. Home-delivered meals (e.g., Meals on Wheels) are an option for individuals age 60+ who are unable to leave their homes. Contact Community Living Connections at 1 (844) 348-5464 (toll-free) to get connected to services in Seattle and King County.


Food Support from Local Organizations

Emergency Feeding Program

The Emergency Feeding Program provides pre-packaged food in bags for people experiencing food insecurity. They also have a drive-thru pick up program for people ages 55 and older. More information is here.

Food Box Home Delivery

Are you in need of food and unable to leave your home? United Way of King County, Food Lifeline, City of Seattle, and Metro Access are offering free home delivery of emergency food boxes across King County during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note that this service is reserved for people who are unable to access their local food bank in-person and are unable to afford groceries. To request a food box, fill out this online form.

Northwest Harvest SODO Community Market

Northwest Harvest SODO Community Market is offering pre-bagged produce, prepared foods, and shelf-stable groceries right at the door. There is no need to enter the facility. This is open to anyone of ANY AGE. SODO Community Market is located in Seattle's SODO neighborhood at 1915 4th Ave S, near the corner of 4th Ave S & S Holgate St.

South King County & Eastside COVID-19 Coronavirus Mutual Aid Group

The grassroots coalition South King County & Eastside COVID-19 Coronavirus Mutual Aid Group is coordinating grocery drop-offs for "survivors, sick & disabled, immunocompromised, undocumented, black, queer, indigenous, and or people of color." The request form can be found here.


Food Support from Government Agencies

Basic Food or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

Basic Food is Washington State's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Due to additional emergency funding from the federal government, all existing and new Basic Food participants will receive the maximum benefit for their household size. The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) will continue to request month-to-month extensions of this benefit as long as a national public emergency declaration is in place. This will temporarily increase the monthly assistance for households that did not already qualify for the maximum benefit.

From January 2021 to June 2021, all households will also see a 15% increase to their maximum benefit amount due to additional federal support approved at the end of 2020. You can read more about this emergency supplemental funding on the Washington DSHS website, (which includes FAQs in multiple languages).

You can apply for Basic Food Assistance online here, or by downloading a translated application here, or by calling (877) 501-2233More information is available at the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services website.

Changes to Basic Food Work Eligibility Requirements for Some Adults

Some people who qualify for Basic Food assistance have to meet work or work training requirements. This applies to people between the ages of 18 and 49 who are able to work and do not have any children or others as dependents. Federal funding systems refer to this as "able bodied adults without dependents" or ABAWD. These changes are summarized below:

Learn more about ABAWD and these changes at the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.

City of Seattle Safeway Emergency Grocery Vouchers for Seattle Families

The City of Seattle has collaborated with local nonprofit organizations to distribute grocery vouchers to households who may be experiencing financial hardship during the COVID-19 outbreak. Households are not able to sign-up for this program. Vouchers may be used to purchase items from any Washington Safeway store, with the exception of alcohol, tobacco, fuel, or lottery tickets. For more information, please see this Emergency Grocery Vouchers Frequently Asked Questions page.

You Can Use SNAP EBT Cards to Order Grocery Pick-Up or Delivery

The following stores and online retailers now accept Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards as a form of payment for grocery pick-up or delivery.

  • QFC and Fred Meyer locations that offer grocery pick up now accept EBT payment for orders placed online. Select a location and place your order through the store website (visit QFC or Fred Meyer). When you reach the payment option select "Pay with EBT" and then bring your EBT card when you pick up the groceries. Learn more here.
  • Washington SNAP EBT funds can be used to purchase groceries for delivery through Amazon Fresh, Amazon Pantry, and Amazon Grocery. You can register your SNAP EBT card here. Learn more about the program here.
  • Walmart also accepts EBT for grocery pick-up at the Bellevue and Lynwood locations. The process is very similar to the QFC and Fred Meyer process llisted above. You can read more about that here.

City of Seattle Internet Access Resources

This City of Seattle chart summarizes the various low-cost internet programs and how to apply.

Translated versions of the chart are available at the links below:

Amharic: ለነዋሪዎች ዝቅተኛ ዋጋ ያለው በይነመረብ ማዳረስ

Chinese (Traditional): 實惠的居民互聯網服務

Korean: 주민들을 위한 저비용 인터넷 연결

Somali: Helitaanka Internetka Qiimaha Jaban ee Degganeyaasha

Spanish: Acceso a internet de bajo costo para residentes

Vietnamese: Cung Cấp Dịch Vụ Internet Giá Rẻ cho Cư Dân


The nonprofit technology access organization InterConnection is offering refurbished laptops starting at $109 for low-income residents. You can register and purchase at

Internet Essentials

Comcast is offering 2 months free to new Internet Essentials customers in response to recent and anticipated emergency measures associated with the COVID-19 outbreak. Visit for more information. Also, $150 refurbished laptops are available to Internet Essentials customers. You must complete an application here by June 30, 2021.

Internet First

Wave Broadband is offering their Internet First program, up to 35 Mbps for $9.95/month for eligible households. The program is open to new Wave or Wave G customers living in a Wave or Wave G service area. You must complete the application here.

Washington State Department of Commerce Drive-In WiFi Hotspots Location Finder

In response to the impacts of COVID-19, the Washington State Department of Commerce is providing free temporary, emergency internet access for Washington residents who do not have broadband service in their homes. The free community Wi-Fi is accessible at hotspot sites across the state. You can find the nearest hospot site near you at the Washington State Drive-In WiFi Hotspots Location Finder.

Xfinity WiFi Free for Everyone

Xfinity WiFi hotspots located in businesses and outdoor locations across the country is available to anyone who needs them for free - including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the "xfinitywifi" network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.

To find community-funded financial aid for rent and utility assistance, please also see the Worker Support Section and the Artists/Creatives Support Section.

Government Relief Programs

Washington State DSHS Disaster Cash Assistance Program (DCAP)

The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is administering the Disaster Cash Assistance Program (DCAP) in response to the COVID-19 emergency. DCAP is designed to provide emergency assistance with natural disasters in mind, like wildfires and flooding and is now available due to the COVID-19 pandemic. DCAP is available for one month, in a 12-month period, to all Washington families and individuals, who meet income and resource rules and who are not eligible other cash programs. You can apply by calling (877) 501-2233, (where operators have access to interpreters) or by applying online at

More information about DCAP here:


Other Resources

City of Seattle Utility Discount Program (UDP)

The Utility Discount Program (UDP) lowers Seattle City Light bills by 60% and Seattle Public Utility bills by 50%. Income-eligible residential customers can self-certify to join UDP and access heavily discounted utilities by simply signing a short form that attests to their household income, rather than having to provide income documentation. To learn more about enrollment in UDP, call (206) 684-0268 or email or visit the Utility Discount Program page.

Federal Assistance for Homeowners and Renters

The Federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has a page listing resources for homeowners and renters during the COVID-19 national emergency. For details, please see this page here.

Federal Student Loan Relief UPDATED

The federal government continues to waive payments and interest for many student loan borrowers at the request of President Joe Biden. You must contact your loan servicer to request a waiver and to make sure that your loan is eligible.

National Foundation for Consumer Credit

You can also talk with a National Foundation for Consumer Credit certified financial counselor about strategies for reducing mortgage, auto loan, student loan, and other debts at 1 (844) 359-3834 or by visiting:

Residential Evictions in Seattle have been Halted During this Outbreak

Residential evictions for non-payment of rent have been temporarily halted until Seattle's COVID-19 Civil Emergency ends, pending the council's approval. You can find translated versions of a FAQ about this at the Renting in Seattle page. If your landlord is continuing to threaten to evict you, you can file this COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium Complaint Form with the Washington State Office of the Attorney General. Seattle tenants must continue making rent payments, to the extent they can, and those struggling should work with their landlords on payment plans.

Talk to Your Lenders Immediately

Ask your mortgage lender, auto loan provider, student loan provider, or credit card companies about hardship plans or loan forbearance as soon as possible. This could include waiving certain fees and/or delaying or adjusting payments.

Utilities will not be Shut Off During this Outbreak

Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) , Seattle City Light (SCL), and Puget Sound Energy (PSE) are all waiving late fees and will keep utility services on during the COVID-19 Civil Emergency in Seattle. SPU and SCL customers who have been financially impacted by COVID-19, regardless of background or immigration status, can request a deferred payment plan. SPU and SCL recommends that customers should as soon as possible call (206) 684-3000 or send an email anytime at

PSE has launched an $11 million Crisis-Affected Customer Assistance Program (CACAP) fund for customers who have had their income reduced after March 1, 2020. PSE is also offering financial assistance to eligible customers at 250% Area Median Income (AMI) or below. Households are encouraged to apply while funds are available and can learn more at

Please also visit the Artists/Creatives Support Section.

Community Funds

Alliance for Education Right Now Needs Fund

The Right Now Needs Fund provides immediate support to address the unmet basic needs of any Seattle Public School student and their family. The fund can be used to address basic needs including food, shelter, clothing, and medical care. All 102 SPS schools have a Right Now Needs Fund, and this fund is still available during this pandemic. For more information on the fund, visit:


Employment/Job Opportunities

WorkSource: Operations Update and Critical Job Opportunities

WorkSource is the "one-stop" system in Washington state that offers employment and training services. No fees are charged for any of the services offered. You can learn more about how each WorkSource office has adapted to delivering services to jobseekers. WorkSource has also highlighted opportunities here for people looking for immediate work.

United Way of King County

The United Way of King County is tracking job opportunities for essential businesses and other local companies at their COVID-19 Resources page here.


Worker Support from Government Agencies

Financial Resources for Washington Residents Impacted by COVID-19

The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions has developed a list of financial resources for Washington consumers impacted by the Coronavirus. You can find more information about how to manage your mortgage, rent, and personal finances at their website:

Paid Sick and Safe Time

Both Seattle's Paid Sick and Safe Time (PSST) Ordinance and Washington Initiative 1433 establish local and statewide paid sick leave for hourly employees working in Washington state. In Seattle, the law requires employers to provide all employees with paid sick and safe time. This includes full-time, part-time, temporary, exempt, and non-exempt employees. Please call the Seattle Office of Labor Standards at (206) 256-5297 or visit Office of Labor Standards PSST page here.

Seattle Office of Economic Development (OED)

OED has updated their pages to include COVID-19 information for both small businesses and workers: COVID-19 Business and Worker Resources

Seattle Office of Labor Standards (OLS)

OLS has compiled a comprehensive list of resources and FAQs for both workers and employers affected by COVID-19 at their web page here.

Seattle Public Library: Your Next Job

The Seattle Public Library (SPL) has a new service: "Your Next Job" that can help you sign-up for unemployment benefits, search for jobs, apply for jobs, and learn new job skills. Through one-on-one appointments via phone, text, or online conferencing, SPL can help job seekers to be successful on career and educational pathways, including job seekers with little or no digital literacy skills and those who have limited English proficiency. SPL can provide one-on-one appointments in English, Spanish, Mandarin, and Russian. You can call (206) 386-4636, email, or help someone complete the intake form here at their website.

Washington State Unemployment Benefits for Workers

The Washington State Employment Security Department has programs designed to help workers impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. They have an easy-to-read comparison guide listing some of the most common scenarios that may occur and benefits that may apply. To apply, you must first create an online SecureAccess Washington account here.

For more information, you can also call: (833) 572-8400 and request an interpreter. They are also are experiencing extremely high call volumes and longer than normal wait times. You can also learn more at: Translated information on how to access application assistance can be found here.


Worker Support from Organizations

One Fair Wage Emergency Fund

The national One Fair Wage campaign has launched this emergency fund for service workers experiencing hardship during this COVID-19 pandemic. To donate to the fund or to apply for aid, please visit

Unemployment Law Project: COVID-19 & Unemployment Benefits

The Unemployment Law Project is a legal aid organization that offers advice and free/low-cost legal representation to people whose unemployment benefits claims have been denied or challenged by the employer. They also offer help to workers who need to file, but do not have access to a computer. More information is available at:

United Way of King County Resources for Unemployed Workers

The United Way of King County has put together a list of resources for workers who have been laid off due to the COVID-19 outbreak. This list includes links to unemployment benefits, health insurance, and other free and reduced programs in and around King County. Go to the United Way of King County's page for more information.

Washington Small Business Development Center Business Resiliency Toolkit

The Business Resiliency Guide is a tool to help small business owners assess risks and make contingency plans that will enable businesses to recover from the immediate threat of COVID-19 as well as the disruptions that could continue over weeks or months. You can download the business resiliency guide and supporting materials here:

Please also visit the Worker Support Section.

Support for Individuals

Artists Up Online Assistance Hub for the Arts

Artists Up is partnering with the Seattle Office of Film and MusicKing County, and Mentorly (an online arts mentorship platform) to provide free, online consultations to members of the Washington State arts sector to help them connect with pandemic resources and navigate processes and forms for income assistance, unemployment, emergency services, housing, finance, taxes, healthcare, and more. To learn more, visit:


Other Resources

Artist Trust's COVID-19 Relief Funding for Washington State Artists UPDATED

Artist Trust has announced a new phase of COVID-19 relief funding for Washington State artists, with $100,000 available for seed funding for a minimum of 100 artists at $1,000 each. The application will open on March 5, 2021 and closes March 26, 2021. You can learn more about this grant and their other grants at:

COVID-19 & Freelance Artists

From the site: "This list is specifically designed to serve freelance artists, and those interested in supporting the independent artist community. This includes, but is not limited to, actors, designers, producers, technicians, stage managers, musicians, composers, choreographers, visual artists, filmmakers, craft artists, teaching artists, dancers, writers & playwrights, photographers, etc." Visit to see the full list of regularly updated resources.

Northwest Folklife: COVID-19 Artist & Community Resource List

Northwest Folklife is committed to supporting our community's artists and community groups. They are tracking a list of resources for financial assistance, mutual aid and advocacy, and informational support compiled from community efforts.

Resource Guide for Music Professionals Who Need Help During Coronavirus Crisis

The publication Billboard has collected a list of resources specifically for musicians impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. This long list includes both national and state resources.

Seattle Independent Artist Sustainability Resources by Gig-Based Sector

This is a very large list of resources and funds organized by creative sector. It is unknown which organization or organizations is updating this list of resources. 

Seattle Office of Arts & Culture

Arts & Culture has developed this additional resource list for artists and arts organizations impacted by COVID-19: Resources for Artists and Organizations Amid COVID-19. If you find that this resource is outdated, please check this Art Beat Blog post. They also have this FAQ for other COVID-19-related questions.

Caregiver Resources

The Arc of King County

Caregivers of children or adults with developmental disabilities can access information, services, and other supports by contacting The Arc of King County at (206) 829-7053 or


Childcare Resources

Boys & Girls Clubs of King County

Select Boys & Girls Clubs are offering a full days of care for school-aged children. There are no additional costs for current club members and new teen members would pay a $50 membership fee. New non-teen members would pay a $50 membership fee and a $25/day fee. Scholarships are also available.

Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) UPDATED

The City of Seattle helps low- and moderate-income working families or families with a parent attending school to pay for child care for children ages one month to 12 years. Families receive a monthly voucher for child care that can be used at any one of the City's participating CCAP providers, including licensed family child care homes and centers in Seattle. For more information, visit or call (206) 386-1050.

Seattle Parks and Recreation Child Care and Teen Resource Hubs

Seattle Parks and Recreation (SPR) is providing full-day child care to elementary-age kids that supports students' virtual learning for 550 children at 19 sites. In addition, SPR is launching seven Teen Resource Hubs across Seattle, providing virtual learning supports, Internet access, connections with caring adults, and referrals to basic needs and mental health resources. More information about the Teen Resource Hubs is available here.

A full list of SPR child care locations is available here. Families can register for full or partial week care child care:

  • Online: click on "Sign Up for Classes, Activities & More" and then under Activities click "licensed child care"
  • Phone: contact the Business Service Center at (206) 684-5177

Seattle Public Schools Child Care

Seattle Public Schools (SPS) is offering space for child care providers in 12 SPS buildings while schools are closed. Please check this SPS page for details.


Home Education Resources

IllumiNative and the National Indian Education Association Partnership

IllumiNative and NIEA have partnered to bring activity guides for students from Pre-K through 8th grade, which includes digital education tools, lesson plans, and resources about Native American art, culture, history and contemporary life. Access the Native Education For All resources here.

Nature Conservancy Nature Lab Educator Resources

The Nature Conservancy in Washington State has these youth curriculum focused on specific grade ranges, including virtual field trips. You can learn more here about their Nature Lab Educator Resources.

Seattle Public Library Digital Resources

The Seattle Public Library's Staying Home page includes a number of digital resources that kids and adults can access at home. Library buildings may be closed, but you can still read e-books and listen to e-audiobooks, plus stream movies, TV, and music with your library card.

Seattle Public Library E-Card

The Seattle Public Library has a new e-card option for Seattle residents who don't have a library card to sign up for an e-card. You can sign up instantly to receive access to e-books and e-audiobooks through OverDrive. You must be 13 or older and have access to a mobile phone.

Seattle Public Schools Home Learning Resources

Seattle Public Schools (SPS) has compiled this list of remote learning resources for SPS families and students. Seattle Public Schools will start the 2020-21 school year remotely. You can also find other SPS resources related to COVID-19 here.

Education Companies offering Free Subscriptions due to School Closures

This is put together by different individuals and not a specific organization. Be sure to read the fine print carefully. This resource lists education companies offering free subscriptions due to school closures.

During this COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to acknowledge that home may not be a safe place for everyone.

Get Help

  • National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233 (Chat function available on website.)
    24/7 access to support, safety planning, and resource referral for those who do not feel safe in their relationships.
  • National Sexual Assault Hotline -1-800-656-4673 (Chat function available on website.)
    24/7 access to support and resource referral for those who have experienced sexual violence and sexual harassment.
  • Domestic Violence Programs in Washington State - find a program near you to get assistance if you, or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence.
  • King County Sexual Assault Resource Center - 1-888-998-6423
    24/7 access to support and resource referral for those who have experienced sexual violence and sexual harassment. The Center also offers one-on-one and group services for sexual assault survivors.
  • Washington Trafficking Help - 1-888-373-7888
    24/7 trafficking hotline with a website listing links to services available in Washington state for those experiencing labor or sex trafficking.

Safety Planning during this COVID-19 Outbreak

This article describes a number of safety tips and planning strategies for people who may be living with someone who is violent.

Resources for those Experiencing Domestic Violence and Controlling Relationships

Community Living Connections

For questions about aging or disability during this COVID-19 outbreak, and access to services for older people, adults with disabilities, and caregivers, contact Community Living Connections, a service provided by Seattle Human Services Department's Aging and Disability Services division. Call toll-free 1 (844) 348-5464. Calls are confidential, professional, and free of charge.

National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (NAPCA)

NAPCA has launched an automated in-language helpline and website that offers information on prevention, symptoms, and planning in eight different languages (Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, and Spanish). Each language will have a dedicated 1-800 line so that older adults who are limited English-proficient can immediately learn about the COVID-19 without having to navigate through difficult English prompts.

Senior Meal Programs and Meals on Wheels

Seattle Human Services Department's Aging and Disability Services division funds year-round meals at senior centers and other venues that have been suspended due to COVID-19. However, sack lunches and food boxes are available in many areas. Home-delivered meals (e.g., Meals on Wheels) are an option for individuals age 60+ who are unable to leave their homes. Contact Community Living Connections at 1 (844) 348-5464 (toll-free) to get connected to services in Seattle and King County.

Support for Nonprofits

Washington State Student and Youth Homelessness COVID-19 Response Fund

The goal of the Washington State Student and Youth Homelessness COVID-19 Response Fund is to ensure communities impacted by COVID-19 can rapidly address the diverse needs of students and youth experiencing homelessness at this time. For more details about the Fund and how it works, please visit the Building Changes FAQ page. The fund is currently accepting applications from nonprofit organizations, school districts, and local tribes in Washington State that serve pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students and/or youth and young adults (age 13-24) experiencing homelessness. To learn more or to apply, go here.


Support for Nonprofits and Small Businesses

Communities Rise COVID-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Legal Clinic

Communities Rise is organizing COVID-19 legal clinics for Washington State entrepreneurs, small businesses, community organizations, and nonprofits who have been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. You will be able to access free legal advice during a 45-minute remote consultation with a volunteer attorney. Complete this online form to request an appointment for a phone-based or video-call consultation.

Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Fund: By and For Organizations RFP

The Washington State Department of Commerce has launched this request for proposals (RFP) to develop and enhance culturally and community specific services for individuals and communities. According to the application, services and activities must be provided by organizations that are operated by and for the community to be served. Marginalized communities may include ethnic and racial minorities, immigrants and refugees, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, individuals with disabilities or who are deaf, and Native Americans. Applications are due February 26 by 5:00 p.m. Learn more on how to apply here.

Evictions for Small Businesses and Nonprofits in Seattle have been Halted During this Outbreak

Evictions of small business and nonprofit tenants in the City of Seattle for non-payment of rent have been temporarily halted until Seattle's COVID-19 Civil Emergency ends, pending the council's approval. Seattle commercial tenants must continue making rent payments, to the extent they can, and those struggling should work with their landlords on payment plans.

Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Fund: Local Governments, Tribes, and Non-profits RFP

The Washington State Department of Commerce has launched this request for proposals (RFP) for any city or county agency, tribe, or nonprofit organization addressing the varied impacts of the coronavirus. According to the application, services and activities must be provided by organizations that are operated by and for the community to be served. Marginalized communities may include ethnic and racial minorities, immigrants and refugees, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, individuals with disabilities or who are deaf, and Native Americans. Applications are due February 26 by 5:00 p.m. Learn more on how to apply here.

Renewed Federal Small Business Relief

A new federal stimulus package was signed into law December 27, 2020, key changes include:

Small businesses who need assistance in applying for PPP, PPP Forgiveness, EIDL, or the Shuttered Venue Operators Grants may contact the Seattle Office of Economic Development for FREE technical assistance by calling (206) 684-8090 or by emailing

Technical Assistance from Trusted Community Messengers

The Washington State Department of Commerce is offering culturally and linguistically relevant assistance for business owners and organizations affected by COVID-19. Twenty partner organizations are available to help small businesses and nonprofits find and apply for resources; access translation assistance; navigate local, state, and federal resources; and more. Learn more about this assistance here.


Support for Small Businesses

#SupportPugetSoundSmallBiz: Is your business offering delivery or takeout? Make sure you are on the map!

As part of Seattle's #SupportPugetSoundSmallBiz campaign, the City of Seattle has developed this interactive map that can help residents living in King, Pierce, or Snohomish County find small businesses providing takeout or delivery in their neighborhood. You can access that map here. If you are a business owner who wants to be added to this map, contact

City of Seattle B&O Tax Deferment Information

Effective immediately, the City of Seattle Department of Finance and Administrative Services (FAS) will defer business and occupation (B&O) tax collections for businesses that have annual taxable incomes of $5 million or less and that pay city taxes quarterly. This will allow small business owners increased flexibility during a period of financial duress caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. If you have questions, please call (206) 684-8484 or email:

City of Seattle Free Outdoor Permits during the Pandemic

If you're interested in using space on the sidewalk or street in front of your business to add a temporary café or additional retail space, or if you are a food truck or vending cart owner who would like to try out new vending locations, you will need a Street Use Permit from the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT). These temporary permits are FREE.

If you have questions about the different permits available or need help with the application process, call (206) 684-8090 or e-mail for free help and technical assistance.


GSBA Small Business Emergency Resources

GSBA is Washington State's LGBTQ and allied chamber of commerce. They are providing help to both GSBA members and non-members by answering questions about eligibility for the state's assistance grants, how to fill out an application, or other forms of assistance. Learn more about GSBA Small Business Emergency Resources here.

Tabor 100 Black Business Equity Fund (BBEF)

Tabor 100 is a nonprofit community organization that works to achieve economic empowerment and social equity for African-Americans and the community at large. They recently launched their Black Business Equity Fund (BBEF) to provide cash grants, training, technical assistance, and other support for the Greater Seattle area Black-owned businesses. Learn more about this fund and how to apply here:

The City of Seattle may select and post links to other sites. Postings made by the City on social media, blogs, or other sites do not indicate the City's endorsement of the ideas, issues, links, or commentary posted. Endorsement is also not implied via "following," "friending," "liking," or otherwise linking to other online entities.

Once a user follows a link to another page or site, the City's policies no longer apply, and the user become subject to the policies of that page or site. The City of Seattle is not responsible for the content that appears on these outside links, nor do we warrant the accuracy of information set out in those destinations. Users should be aware that these external pages and sites and the information found on those pages and sites are not controlled by, provided by, or endorsed by the City of Seattle. The City reserves the right to delete links posted by outside individuals that violate the City's Posts Policy at any time without notice.

More information about our content policies can be found here.