Green Fleet Management
City of Seattle is a leader in green fleet management. We are committed to researching and implementing green fleet initiatives to reduce our fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions while continuing to expand our use of greener equipment technologies. In 2014, the Fleet Management Division published an update to the City's Green Fleet Action Plan. Download a PDF of the 2014 Green Fleet Action Plan.
Green Fleet Recognition
The City's green fleet initiatives and overall fleet management have been recognized over the past several years by several professional fleet organizations. When being considered for this recognition, particular areas of focus have included use of alternative fuels, advanced technology vehicles, fuel reduction policies, operational efficiencies, and education and outreach programs. Recent awards have included:
- 2016 - Leading Public Fleet, Alternative Clean Transportation Expo sponsored by Government Fleet Magazine
- 2015 - Best Achievement in Biodiesel, Western WA Clean Cities
- 2014 - Sustainable Commitment, Western WA Clean Cities
- 2013 - Elite Fleet, Top 100 Fleets
- 2012 - #1 Government Fleet in North America, Top 100 Fleets
- 2011 - Best Vocational Fleet, Fleet Owners Magazine
- 2010 - #1 Government Green Fleet in North America, Top 100 Fleets
The City of Seattle also maintains a 4-star (out of 5) certification in the Evergreen Fleets program. Evergreen Fleets assists fleets in making smart, environmentally responsible choices through a voluntary "green" certification program.