Welcome to the Office of Economic Development's Website
Welcome to the Office of Economic Development (OED). Our office works to maximize Seattle's potential as a thriving hub for businesses, jobs, robust neighborhoods and economic opportunity for everyone in our city.
We are committed to creating a vibrant economy which benefits the whole city by promoting access to economic opportunities for all of Seattle's diverse communities.
Our business development efforts seek to create jobs and foster a diverse array of industry sectors. Our "Business Services Team" helps individual businesses get their projects done. Our community development programs are revitalizing Seattle's distinctive and diverse neighborhoods. Our workforce development initiatives meet the needs of low-income job seekers and employers.
We wish you success and hope our website will support your work.
What's New at OED
- WORKERS AND EMPLOYERS: Find answers to your questions about Seattle's new minimum wage ordinance and other worker protections in Seattle.
- Mayor Murray announces support for legislation to increase film production in Washington and proclaims March 17th "Seattle Film Day".
- Mayor Murray announces $1.8 million for neighborhood business districts as part of OED's Only in Seattle Initiative.
- Restaurant Success initiative makes it easier to open a restaurant in Seattle.
- Check out An Insider’s Guide To Seattle Must-See Neighborhoods
- Check out The Only in Seattle Initiative: A Retrospective and Vision
- Seattle receives $28 million New Markets Tax Credits. Full Details here.