- We're hiring a Startup Advocate and an Economic Intelligence Advisor.
- OED releases Request for Proposal for Regional Green Business Program Program Administrator.
- Mayor's Youth Employment Initiative develops nearly 2000 opportunities for Seattle youth.
- Mayor Ed Murray announces a $100,000 Request for Proposals (RFP) for a partner to help develop a manufacturing incubator that will benefit multiple emerging or expanding manufacturing businesses.
- Workers and Employers: Find answers to your questions about Seattle's new minimum wage ordinance and other worker protections in Seattle.
The Office of Economic Development (OED) works to maximize Seattle's potential as a thriving hub for businesses, jobs, robust neighborhoods and economic opportunity for everyone in our city.
We are committed to creating a vibrant economy which benefits the whole city by promoting access to economic opportunities for all of Seattle's diverse communities.
Our business development efforts seek to create jobs and foster a diverse array of industry sectors. Our "Business Services Team" helps individual businesses get their projects done. Our community development programs are revitalizing Seattle's distinctive and diverse neighborhoods. Our workforce development initiatives meet the needs of low-income job seekers and employers.