- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
Register now for training:
- Green Gardening Fall Workshop
"The Case for Sustainable Landscapes" Wednesday, October 19th, 2016 – see Training
- Learn more about the Green Gardening Program
- Sustainable Landscaping marketing flyer (pdf)
- Case Study: Swedish Hospital's Transition to Sustainable Practices (pdf)
- Case Study: Trilogy Transition to Sustainable Lawn Care (pdf)
Videos & webinars:
- Sustainable Landscaping: The Road to Healthy Public Spaces (video 45 min.)
- Soils and Stormwater webinars
- See more videos at Training
Questions? Garden Hotline:
- Call (206) 633-0224 (language interpretation available) or email at Garden Hotline
Give your customers what they want
The fastest growing sector of the landscape industry is providing “green” services that minimize chemical use and water waste, and maximize plant health and efficient resource use. Get started with Natural Landscaping: Design, Build, Maintain (pdf), or in Spanish Paisajismo natural: Diseño, Construcción, Mantenimiento (pdf).
Sustainable Landscaping Topics
- For Property Managers Connect to SPU services, find a landscaper, develop a maintenance contract, save money on irrigation, or learn how to maintain your own landscape.
- Landscape Design & Construction Learn about code requirements and best practices for soils, stormwater, trees, and overall sustainable design.
- Soil Best Practices Learn about new code requirements to protect and restore soil quality on every construction site.
- Lawns, Plants & Trees Best practices for healthy landscapes, plus links to code requirements and resources to learn more.
- Landscape Maintenance Plans Use these examples to develop professional plans that sell your services to homeowner associations, institutions, and residents.
- Integrated Pest Management Pest identification and least toxic control methods – safer for your staff and customers, wildlife, and our environment.
- Irrigation System Tips & Rebates Professional automatic irrigation system resources for commercial customers, and links to rebates for business and home irrigation systems.
- Training Opportunities for landscape professionals – register now for upcoming workshops or view previous presentations. También vea entrenamiento profesional en español.
Questions? Call the Garden Hotline For IPM and other landscape questions, or to request a print copy of one of the guides or factsheets, call the Garden Hotline (206) 633-0224 or email email@example.com.
For more information about:
- Soil, composting, and overall sustainable landscape design, installation, and maintenance, see the Natural Landscaping Guidelines (pdf) for professionals, and contact David McDonald at (206) 684-7650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Water conservation in the landscape, and rebates for irrigation system upgrades, contact Mark Guthrie at (206) 684-5955 or email@example.com.
- Bio-based lubricants and hydraulic fluids, see the Bio-Based Oils (pdf) fact sheet.
- Where to recycle plastic nursery plant pots, see the Plastic Nursery Pot Recycling flyer (pdf).
- Natural Landscaping: Design, Build, Maintain (pdf) - Steps for every site, and resource links.
Paisajismo natural: Diseño, Construcción, Mantenimiento (pdf) - in Spanish
- Ecologically Sound Lawn Care Manual (pdf) 90 pages - Professionals share best lawn and turf installation and maintenance practices
Sustainable Lawn Care for NW Professionals (pdf) - short 8-page summary
Cuidado sostenible del césped para profesionales (pdf) - in Spanish
- Sustainable Landscaping Resources (pdf) – Reading list for the EcoPro training program, with additional resources on landscape design, soil, plants, IPM, irrigation, stormwater, and more.
Natural Yard Care Information for residents, including best practices and resources useful to professionals.
Natural Pest, Weed & Disease Control Practical IPM approach for homeowners and professionals, and pest management resource links.
Choose the Right Plant for Your Site Plant lists, planting, and plant care tips.
Building Healthy Soil
Yard Waste Disposal to commercial composting, and sources of compost from Cedar Grove.
Hazardous Waste Disposal
EnviroStars Certification for Landscape Professionals Get certified and promote your business.
Saving Water Partnership - conservation information and rebates for homes, schools, and businesses.
Pesticide Information - alternatives from the Local Hazardous Waste Management Program Grow Smart Grow Safe - rates safe products.
Soils for Salmon.org (design and science) and Building Soil.org (builder and landscaper information) on best practices for soil preservation and restoration, now required by codes in western Washington.